icon

dls iridium 6.3’s, ma audio hard kore amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
I wired up my Iridium's today, and bridged my 2ch MA Audio HARD KORE amp, set my sensitivy/volume settings on my DCX730, and adjusted my amp gains.
Good news is is that I got rid of all my Hiss and alt wine, bad news is now what I turn it up really loud, the sound cuts out from the front speakers. The subs keep playing, but no high end???
The amp says it's 2ohm mono/1ohm stereo stable, so I should be good there.
Any ideas? The amp specs can be found here if needed
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the gain is too high or the impedance is too low.  MA Audio is not known as a high-quality brand so the specs may or may not be accurate.
Support the12volt.com
greenbroncoguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Sounds like the gain is too high or the impedance is too low.  MA Audio is not known as a high-quality brand so the specs may or may not be accurate.

This I can understand, and was my first thought; however, why would it no do it with the other mids I had-they were 4ohm each and I ran them in paralell for a 2ohm load? Now the amp should only be seeing a 3ohm load w/ the 2 - 6ohm drivers...

greenbroncoguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I figured I would nip this problem in the bud and get another amp. If this thing won't handle a 3ohm load when it is advertised as being 2ohm mono stable, then IMHO it is junk.

I am in the process of purchasing an ECLIPSE XA4000.  When it gets here, I will bridge 2ch to each Iridium and let them eat. That way I can still keep my stereo sound and feel the power...

That should fix my amplifyer troubles dls iridium 6.3’s, ma audio hard kore amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. 

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
greenbroncoguy wrote:
Well, I figured I would nip this problem in the bud and get another amp. If this thing won't handle a 3ohm load when it is advertised as being 2ohm mono stable, then IMHO it is junk.
I am in the process of purchasing an ECLIPSE XA4000.  When it gets here, I will bridge 2ch to each Iridium and let them eat. That way I can still keep my stereo sound and feel the power...
That should fix my amplifyer troubles dls iridium 6.3’s, ma audio hard kore amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Indeed... Basically the same thing I did with my Adires, when I bridged an Alpine PDX4.150 to a pair of them. "Let them eat"... I like that! dls iridium 6.3’s, ma audio hard kore amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
greenbroncoguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
[. "Let them eat"... I like that! dls iridium 6.3’s, ma audio hard kore amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Yeah, I usually use that when referring to our big motors when at WOT in our pulling trucks, but I thought it would apply here as well.

dls iridium 6.3’s, ma audio hard kore amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

donpisto 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
Can't wait till I try out my Iridiums. I have the 6.2 set but will be going active. I was going to power them with the DLS A4, but traded the amps. I'll probably get the 3 channel DLS in the future when I go 4way. I heard the Iridiums before, but compared to the Revelator's, theres no question about midbass, the Revelators wins hands down. Not saying the DLS isn't a great mid, it is, very warm sounding. Can't wait to get mine hooked up.
greenbroncoguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

^^^ Cool, post back when you do; I'd like to hear someone else who has these. I haven't really gotten many reviews about them so far...

My XA4000 should be here by Thursday, and I have the whole week off after Tuesday so I should be able to get everything wired and put in by the weekend.

Can't wait!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic