icon

carvox 2300a black egale

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
irocz288 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
the anti grind relay is hooked up and the wire coming from the starting module is not on the key side
irocz288 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
even with the relay not installed it still does not work
irocz288 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have 3 of these units for sale with remotes i am selling all 3 together $200.00 if intrested pm me thanks
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming you have bypassed the Ford transponder key and that the bypass is functioning correctly? http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=416&link=BULLDOG If you haven't the first thing I would try is leaving the key in the ignition while attempting the remote start scenario. Do not do that if you do have the bypass installed and working though as this would introduce 2 keys into the system at the same time and could lock up the BCM on the vehicle. Does your dash have a security light when you are trying to start it?
Did you hook up a door sense wire. I would think that the remote starter has to see that as well before wanting to engage the car starter. Can you link to the install manual or scan a page of the pinout diagram. Also send a decent pic of the remote because the one on ebay looks like a complete knock-off of a directed 2-way remote and I want to see what it actually looks like. Also try just hooking a test light to the starter output wire from the brain and then try it and see if thats even lighting before messing with the starter-kill relay.
After it fails do you get any LED code flashes or parking light flashes for troubleshooting purposes. Does the unit have troubleshooting diagnostic light flashes? Is there a tech support line for this product?
Steve G
irocz288 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2007 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

I don’t know what the deal is with these units, I had all the wires correct and followed the directions front and back step by step and double check all the wiring and I had even removed the start kill relay just as a last resort and before I had removed the starter kill relay I did check the wires with the test light and nothing from the “brain” of the starter unit. The engine would not stay running when you would turn off the key if the e-brake was not on, just as it says in the manual and when the engine was running and you would hit the brake pedal the engine would stop running. The module would turn on the dome light though the lighting control module when you would hit the unlock button on the remote. The alarm would sound off when the system is armed, if any of the doors, or the trunk were open and if you had hit the side of the car with your fist. I really liked this alarm because you could have it wired to roll up your windows, pop your trunk, turn on rear defrost or other really option, lock and lock doors, ect.  I am thinking it may be something with the remote you need to program the system like gas/diesel, auto/man Trans, and I just got fed up with it. I think one of the reasons why it may not has started up is because I have a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am engine and transmission in my Crown Victoria and the way I have the fuel pump circuit set up, this alarm system is looking for the voltage surge of the fuel pump kicking on and then off before it continues to go forward to engage the starter, but who knows. I had installed a viper system and it works great I had just cut the wires from the old system and spliced into the same connection because I did not feel like desoldering them from the cars harness and since everything was correctly wired it made the install of the new unit a walk in the park. The only thing that I did not hook up on the old alarm was the doors lock and unlock wires, that could of have been the problem maybe.  What is your e-mail you want me to e-mail you the Picture to? -Dave

reekor 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2007 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Carvox starters just dont work on some cars, I have 4 of them installed.   
The last install was on a Grand Cherokee and no matter what I did, it would start the engine then grind the hell out of the starter while the engine was running. The other 3 installs were on two crown vics and a town car (same engines in all 3). The remote start works fine, until it gets into cold winter weather then it does not start and triggers the alarm. In fact there are many posts about this issue on this forum. To get around this, since the options and remote range are good on these units, I just bought a $50 stand alone remote start unit and hooked it up to the carvox aux channle to trigger remote start.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic