2001 olds alero remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deneyses 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have pulled the radio to access the ign wires and passlock 2 wires.  It's such a tight squeeze I can barely get a finger on the wire loom.  Is there as easier way to get to these wores?  Also, it states in the kick panel there is a black plug with a white wire for single door locks... I found a black plug, it has 4 wires but no white.  Not sure where to find that one.  On the passlock 2, I cannot see the plug I assume it runs with the ig wires? Last, I see that there is 2 ign and 2 acc wires... I assume both ign wires need to be energized to start, but do I also need to energice both acc wires?

Any help or tips on this car would be great.  thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
For the bypass portion do yourself a favor and pick up a GMBP. This will do your passlock bypass with a connection to the purple wire at the OBDII connector under the dash. No need to cut up any of the factory wiring and no messing with resistors.
When the sheets say DKP it could mean in the panel itself, in the sill area, up above where the kick panel area is. It is a general idea of the location.
To be on the safe side you should energize all the wires exactly how the key operates but I do not normally energize the brown wire on GMs.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
deneyses 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I have that part... the resistor I'm referring to is for locks.  I believe this car has one white wire, ground locks it and 1.5k reistor to ground unlocks it.  I'm having trouble finding the lock wire and am having trouble getting to the ign wires.  Also, you beleive I can get to the data wire on the plug right in front?  That would really help!

Someone suggested pulling the instrument cluster... does that make sense or worth the access I'll gain?  thanks

deneyses 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Kinda hoping someone could through some advice my way, any help would be great!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic