code alarm ca 670, 90 honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
90s civ and sub 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I've scoured this site and can't find an answer to my question, so here goes.

I have a Code alarm CA-670 that I'm preparing to install into a 1990 Honda Civic.  In the install manual, it says the following:

Headlight output (-) 500mA.  Connect this wire to the vehicles headlight wire if the system is negative. (low current only)

It then goes on to show a relay hookup diagram for a (+) positive headlight output.

For the horn, it says:

"Low current" horn output (-) 500mA. Connect this wire to the vehicle's horn wire. (does not give a relay diagram)

My question is:

MUST I install a relay for these items (although the manual doesn't specifically say to), or does the CA-670 have built-in relays, enabling me to simply tap a splice into my existing headlamp & horn wiring with no problem?

Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.

90 Civic DX Hatchback- 135 amp alternator
92 Suburban - 200 amp alternator
Stereo rebirth, coming soon. . . .
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
no it doesn't have built in relays. the intention is to use those outputs to power the factory relays for you horn and headlights
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
You will need a relay for the headlights. Your headlight wire is RED / blue at the steering wheel harness, positive trigger.
Your 90 Civic also uses a high current ground to trigger the horn. You will also need a relay for this. If your manual does not show how here is how you would wire it:
87 Ground
30 Out to blue/red horn wire in steering wheel harness
86 Negative horn output from system
85 Constant fused +12V 5amp is enough as you are only powering the relay
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
90s civ and sub 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Again, thank you for your help!
90s civ and sub 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Auto Security "Think-Tank",

I have a headlight "flash" issue with the CA 670.  The system is installed on a 1990 Honda Civic.

According to the install manual (pg.11), For a Positive headlight output to wire a relay as follows:

Pins 87 & 86 - +12 Volts

Pin   30 - vehicle headlight wire (This wire, I hooked up to the RED / blue wire at the fusebox)

Pin   85 - Lt.Green\Orange wire (-) headlight output from control module

I have everything hooked up correctly (Really, I do), wires checked & re-checked for continuity, and programmed to flash for both Arm/Disarm modes (pg.7), but no headlight flash, At all.  Arm, disarm, panic mode or simply setting off the alarm.  I've troubleshot wires, swapped relays, I can't figure it out. 

Here's some info that may or may not help. When I grounded the relay at the #85 pin (to simulate the negative pulse from the alarm) the headlights flashed every time I did it. From that, it appears that the relay is wired correctly, and perhaps isn't receiving the (-) pulse from the GREEN/ Orange trigger at the alarm, but I could be mistaken.

Help.

90s civ and sub 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2007 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

I just got done installing this option on a 90 Civic HB with a CodeAlarm CA-670. 

This allows you to activate the defroster from the remote in conjunction with remote start. The wire you need to tap into is:

Blk/Grn wire @ the dash switch (it is a positive trigger wire). A relay will be required.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic