icon

i want beats, and loud

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
punkguyta 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
How would I make a RCA in line subsonic filter or even a 120 thru 60 hz crossover? I know they can be made but I'm not sure what value resistors and whatnot I'd need. I appreciate it as google wasn't treating me well today. I'm just looking for something to go in line to my amp that powers my subwoofer. I can hear the lyrics in the subwoofer and all I want is pure bass and lots of it. Thanks guys, I'm learnin.
Chrysler LHS w/ infinity 11 speaker factory system, 1200 watt sub on the way.
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

keep asking questions...stay on the 12 volt... read everything you can on the subjects ....research research research..learn everything youcan and remember no question is a dumb question. what equipment do you have

punkguyta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, yeah you can never learn too much eh? I'm just getting into car audio. Right now I have a 12" Pyle DVC 4 Ohm sub, a 300 watt (max) mirage panel amp, and a sony surround reciever connected to the panel amp via the sub out.
It IS a car sub but I'm just using it inside for now until I get the car I want to put it in.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=266-254

There are also high pass filters, but you will certainly not want to filter 60 Hz and below out of the sub range.  Use a 30 Hz only if you really need it.

I used to have a '94 LHS.  Pretty nice factory system but if I had wanted to add to it I would have taken all original equipment out and started from scratch.  (HInt:  you really shouldn't  list a factory system in your sig, especially when you count the number of speakers, too.)

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
No crossover on the amp or head unit?
punkguyta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=266-254

There are also high pass filters, but you will certainly not want to filter 60 Hz and below out of the sub range.  Use a 30 Hz only if you really need it.

I used to have a '94 LHS.  Pretty nice factory system but if I had wanted to add to it I would have taken all original equipment out and started from scratch.  (HInt:  you really shouldn't  list a factory system in your sig, especially when you count the number of speakers, too.)

Thank you, I've heard of these FMOD rca plugs before. My sub is supposed to go down to 26hz (according to the spec sheet). I'll probably buy some of these, but I don't think 100hz will filter out the lyrics out of the music will it? And I know it's a factory system but actually you could add to it quite easily. The 300 watt amp in the trunk for the 11 speaker system (yeah I was surprised when I found it back there, never even knew about it). Just need a pin out and use high level inputs off the amp for the rear speakers into a new sub amp or branch off of the rca level inputs off the head unit (both should be in the pinout sheet). Right now I have a kenwood amp the runs my main speakers (this is indoors), the tape out on it goes to my sony amp, then the sub out goes to a panel amp I pulled out of a home theater subwoofer and my car sub is wired in 8 ohm fashion.
I notice that all the lyrics get filtered out when I use the high level inputs but it sounds like crap using the rca input, but doesn't buzz as much when it's turned up loud. I'm just looking for some solution until I have like $300+ for a real car amp.
I'm definalty gonna bookmark the parts express page and I'll think about ordering a pair, or maybe a 2nd pair of something lower aswell.
punkguyta 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
coppellstereo wrote:
No crossover on the amp or head unit?
Nope, read my post to Steve, it's all indoors so I'm not actually using a car amp or else I wouldn't be asking for a subsonic filter of some kind.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic