icon

2007 mazda 3 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
*theone* 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
It just so happens that I haven't worked on any vehicles with A-Frame SRS systems yet. Is it possible to remove the plastic A-Frame cover without damaging the SRS and if so have any of you done on the 07 Mazda 3.
Thanks
Ryan
*theone* 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Also, the Astrochart mentions an additional start wire. Do you have to use that for automatic's as well?
Thanks a bunch,
Ryan
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

I've got the Astrochart open in front of me.... I don't see a second starter?

What wire are you needing to access...where you need to worry about an airbag?   A frame cover...????

*theone* 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
It's actually the clutch. But in the notes at the bottom it says to hook it up as second starter.
A piller cover to run antenna, however I can probably just tuck it in behind without having to remove it. It's the pop off kind but it seems really stiff and I'm hesitant as I don't want to break it.
Ryan
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

If your installing an Astro......this is a good thing. This product is rock solid.

If your using an astro that has the P-5. use this and program it as start.

connect this to the clutch wire they describe in the astro chart. (make sure you get the right wire) Pay attention to their notes!.

Have fun, and let me know if you need any help!

pull the rubber trim back from the trim on the A pillar.....you'll see how to get it off. There might be the little SRS "plugs" on it. See if they pop out! Sometimes there are bolts behind them. remove and

replace them WITH CARE!

*theone* 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, yeah it's a 4204. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Ryan
*theone* 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
So, it turns out that you don't need the second start (clutch) wire for the auto, despite what the astrochart notes say. I used the programable relay for the key sense instead. The A piller came off fairly easy (just gently pop the bottom 2 fastners, then for the top one you have to work it out a little then it will slide off toward the rear of the car). Thanks for the input.
Ryan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic