icon

05 lincoln aviator rear dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aviator2005 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys                                                                                                                                                                                             Has anyone here replaced the factory head unit in a 05 aviator and retained the factory overhead dvd?i called metra and asked them about their part # 70-5520av but the tech said it only works in 30% of ford vehicles but he could not say for sure which ones! Has anyone done this sucessfully without keeping the stock radio powered up in the vehicle?

Thanks
crewwzin 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2007 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer who is wanting to do this exact thing and I would also like an answer to this question.
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks!
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

connect the light GREEN/ black at the radio to either accessory or amplifier turn-on.  this will power up the overhead.

now to get audio into the headunit, locate the red, white, orange and yellow wires in the same connector that the above light GREEN/ black wire is in.  red...left chnnl +, white...left chnnl -, orange...right chnnl +, yellow...right chnnl-.

connect the respective channel +'s to the center leads of rca connects, channel -'s to the shields.  you may need a ground loop isolater if you have noise/whine problems

mark

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic