icon

tips on xk532 dodge magnum srt8

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
airride 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
Getting ready to install my compustar pro in my 06 magnum srt8 using a xk532. This is my first install using a bypass module. Looks fairly easy but im sure its not. Looks to me like all lock, trunk, door triggers connect directly to the xk532. MUX and Data goto the car. Not too sure about the pink wire from the xk532 though, says start output-connection is parallel to the vehicle and remote control system starter wires. And also, What from the alarm am i wiring into the car besides the obvious power, ground, parking light and accessory? Do i need a tach input also? Am i just splicing into the starter mux and data wires? Im using a xk532 chdl7 and a compustar pro cm4000. both the xk532 and the compustar have a d2d port, would it be easier to just get a d2d cable? As far as i can tell, if i have the cable that takes care of all the wiring between the xk532 and the compustar brain, correct? guess thats it for now, thanks for any help
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2007 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

pretty straight forward install, especially with the xk532 module. in response to your questions...

- the pink wire from the 532 is to be connected in parallel to the car's 1st starter wire

- yes, you need a tach input, you also need a brake wire, hood pin, FIRST starter wire(XK532 only does the 2nd starter wire), ignition

- you don't need to connect ACC wire as the accessory runs with ignition so dont worry about it

- if you can use the D2D cable with compustar unit, i would say do it. makes your job quicker. Although, it only does power, ground, and GWR. you still have to connect locks, triggers etc.

- read the instructions closely when programming the transponder part of the module, it can be tricky to get the timing right

thats all i can think of for now i guess tips on xk532 dodge magnum srt8 - Last Post -- posted image.

airride 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2007 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help, ill read through everything again. Ill have to see if i can get a d2d cable, might as well use it if i can.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2007 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
the d2d on the compustar is not the same as the d2d on the bypasskit modules, you need to use idatalink modules.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic