the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

556sw, 07 mustang, python 990

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, if you get a bypass that is designed for that. I use the key overide sl2 by Fortin. Never had a problem with them, and definately a lot more reliable then a ring around the cylinder.
07mustanggt 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well the installer at work just told me I should have used a 556u...the bypass you put the spare key in. That the 556sw...which I have won't work. I know dei told me I could use this bypass. Any reason it wouldn't be working?
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2007 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Should I hook up the yellow keysense wire. Would that be the problem maybe. It says not to use it on the 556sw instructions, but maybe I should try it. I did notice the r/s would only r/s when the key was like 1/4 the way in the ignition. So maybe it needs the keysense wire hooked up to bypass. Adding an alarm, r/s to this new Mustang of mine is such a p.i.t.a. I shoulda got a honda lol
Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
you should be ok with the 556sw. try repositioning the ring.
556sw, 07 mustang, python 990 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
try to get it around the transponder ring like in the above pic.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I just got it working. I accidentally tagged the keysense wire instead of 12v at the ignition harness. They were both GREEN/ purple wires going to the same place. As soon as I switched the 12v from the sat relay to the right wire, it remote started right up. I feel dumb for going thru all this trouble with it not working, and it was something so easy. Guess I should have retested my wires more carefully. Thanks for the help guys.
07mustanggt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a python 990 in a 07 Mustang. The domelight doesn't work. I hooked it up like this. 86 +12v,85 -BLACK/ white Dome Supervision Alarm Output,87-GREEN/ YELLOW Car, 30 Ground. How can I get this to work?
How do I adjust the Shock sensor to make it more sensitive? Because I can shake the crap out of my car and it doesn't do anything.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2008 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  

Make sure you get the wire at the A pillar on the passenger side.  Meter that wire to make sure it does what is suppose to do.  12v with the dome light off and 0v when on. If it is ok then change the relay. 

To adjust the shock sensor you can use a small screw driver on the side of it.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic