icon

cadence tx series sub problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
alright so one of my cadence is acting up, it just stopped playing. at first i thought it was the solder joint that broke like my last one, but this one is different. i took it out of my box and ohm'ed it and got nothing. hooked it back up to the amp and still nothing but when i pick up on the cone it starts playing again, then when i let go it goes back down and nothing. when i ohm'ed it there was nothing while the cone was down but when i picked it up the numbers jumped all over the place. any idea what goin on, ive never had this happen to me.
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
timechange2007 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

I had this problem on Hart subs very frequently and found that it was the wires comming from the terminal going to the voice coil.  Try touching the wires while checking the ohm load and see if you see a difference with out picking up on the cone.  The Hart subs just seemed cheap in that aspect.  Hope this helps solve your problem.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
If you visibly cant see a break in the tinsel leads, it very well could be where your lead connects to the coil.   Either way not a great thing to experience.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2007 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
are they just touching again when i pick up the cone? they are only slightly underpowered, in a box designed to cadence specs, and gain isnt cranked. what causes it?
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic