Print Page | Close Window

My Loud Benz

Printed From: the12volt.com
Forum Name: Rides and Systems Gallery
Forum Discription: Show off your vehicles, systems, and installations.
URL: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=94063
Printed Date: January 18, 2022 at 8:00 PM


Topic: My Loud Benz

Posted By: cloak559
Subject: My Loud Benz
Date Posted: May 19, 2007 at 6:42 PM

1989 MBZ 300E
3.0 Liter Inline 6cyl
177whp, 188lbs of torque

Temporary System:
Pioneer DEH-p330 (old piece of crap)
Hertz DCK 130 Components in the front(only speakers in the whole car)
RE Audio SX 18"
US Amps XT 4000D
Stinger Wiring

Hit a 148.2 on the Epic160 but that really doesnt mean much...

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

posted_image

-------------
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz

Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...



Replies:

Posted By: still_walkin
Date Posted: May 26, 2007 at 12:33 AM
put that sub inthe trunk its nice but when you out it in your trunk you wont have no more space. also i would recommend 0 guage and a bigger amp runnin mono later

-------------
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"




Posted By: cloak559
Date Posted: May 29, 2007 at 3:06 PM
still_walkin wrote:

put that sub inthe trunk its nice but when you out it in your trunk you wont have no more space. also i would recommend 0 guage and a bigger amp runnin mono later


Lol, let me break it down for you...

1.)an 18" RE SX needs approximately 8 cubic feet to operate and building an enclosure that large in a trunk would take some real effort, and is a waste of my time because there is also a gas tank in my trunk behind the rear seats...

2.)The RE Audio SX is rated at 1000wats rms, the US Amps XT-4000D does 986watts rms at 1ohm(that spec comes directly from the designer of the amp)...so that amp is plenty power.

3.)The maximum current draw of that amp is 75A, which is not enough to require a 1/0 power run....

Any other constructive criticism?

-------------
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz

Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...




Posted By: aquaacura
Date Posted: May 30, 2007 at 7:41 AM
Gotta love know it alls.  Nice setup so far, I'm thinking of saving up for some RE stuff later on.  I bet that thing sucks the air out of your cabin =)




Posted By: bigpete123
Date Posted: May 31, 2007 at 3:58 PM

I drive a 1990 300ce, so I know all about the pains of that gas tank.  I went a completely different route, though.  I cut a 10" hole under the first aid kit and made a baffle that mounts to the underside of the deck... and I'm running a single 10 via infinite baffle.  Lots of work to seal the cabin from the trunk!

I have to say, you seem really into loud bass... because you were willing to sacrifice asthetics and the back seat of your Mercedes for it.  To each his own, I guess!





Posted By: cloak559
Date Posted: May 31, 2007 at 6:13 PM
bigpete123 wrote:

I have to say, you seem really into loud bass... because you were willing to sacrifice asthetics and the back seat of your Mercedes for it. To each his own, I guess!




Yes I definitely love loud bass. But the only reason i've gone so extreme on my car is because it is somewhat of a demo vehicle for the shop I work at...

I did give up my back seat, but asthetics will be reborn. The setup in the pictures was temporary and has since been removed. I am building a new enclosure in the same fashion, but building out with trim panels and fiberglass so that I can get a more flowing look. The entire build will also be carpeted to match the factory feel...Will have pictures of this within the month...

-------------
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz

Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...




Posted By: still_walkin
Date Posted: June 03, 2007 at 3:33 AM
so you got at my question the wrong way i built plenty of boxes in my time and i know it would not be easy to put that sub in the trunk put the challange of putting it in there is what i was aiming for . ang goign with bigger wire doesnt hurt your system as lomnng as the fuse rating is correct later

-------------
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"




Posted By: Aruman
Date Posted: June 06, 2007 at 7:03 PM
very nice Cloak you are going now with two 10" SX?

-------------
Shaking The Neighborhood




Posted By: cloak559
Date Posted: June 10, 2007 at 6:49 PM
The SX 10"s were my old setup, something that fit in the trunk......

-------------
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz

Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...




Posted By: huber
Date Posted: June 11, 2007 at 4:50 AM
That box is massive!!!!  

-------------





Posted By: willdkartunes
Date Posted: July 09, 2007 at 11:01 PM
8 cubic feet is a pretty massive box. It reminds me a lot of an enclosure that my friend had his 15" kicker L7 in the back of a mitsubishi montero. The fact that it is the same size, but you have it in a mercedes is quite breath taking. I hope you live in a good neighborhood because that is very obvious! Then again, I'm sure it weighs a ton so if somebody wanted it they aren't exactly going to be running away with it!!! Nice system for extreme bass. 

-------------
Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others




Posted By: mbrad1019
Date Posted: August 21, 2007 at 8:28 PM
i have a 15" L5 in the back of my 92 300E in a 4.45 cubic foot box and i also cut out a big donut hole in the back of mine but my car is a piece of doodie so i didn't even second think it and it sounds nice and loud but Mercedes are definitely not for loud sound systems




Posted By: TeddyKGB
Date Posted: August 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM
Did that box fit in your car or did you have to put it together inside the car? I dont even wanna know how it feels to be inside with that thing cranked up, must be intense. Your roof must vibrate from that beast. Cool setup.

-------------
2 Diamond Audio D3 12s
Hifonics ZXi1006 amp
MB quarts all around and a Panasonic up front.        You wanted to know don't lie...




Posted By: JRoscoe
Date Posted: October 13, 2007 at 7:17 PM
What up cloak!  ITs me from SMD!  I know how you feel with that gas tank!  Have the same problem in my 00 E320!

-------------




Posted By: kassdog
Date Posted: October 13, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Sincee this has been bumped so much, any update on the new box.





Posted By: cloak559
Date Posted: October 21, 2007 at 7:56 PM
kassdog wrote:

Sincee this has been bumped so much, any update on the new box.

posted_image

/UPDATE



-------------
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz

Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...




Posted By: ice32
Date Posted: October 22, 2007 at 6:49 AM
posted_image

what happened?




Posted By: JRoscoe
Date Posted: October 22, 2007 at 12:54 PM
Awww nawwww man that suks

-------------




Posted By: Clif
Date Posted: November 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM

cloak559 wrote:

still_walkin wrote:

put that sub inthe trunk its nice but when you out it in your trunk you wont have no more space. also i would recommend 0 guage and a bigger amp runnin mono later


2.)The RE Audio SX is rated at 1000wats rms, the US Amps XT-4000D does 986watts rms at 1ohm(that spec comes directly from the designer of the amp)...so that amp is plenty power.

3.)The maximum current draw of that amp is 75A, which is not enough to require a 1/0 power run....

Any other constructive criticism?

well if you do some simple math...

current draw at 75 amps x your in put volts (we will round to 14.4 volts) =  your MAX out put

75 x 14.4 = 1050 watts

now thats if your amps are running at 100% efficency. and we all know that will never happen  it is probly around 75  so  

so your max power is around 780 watts.    wither you where wrong on detrmining your amp draw or your amps are not pushing at all.   and  basic info  for you people who dont know about amps.  if your curious about an amps  max power.   look at the fuse rating.   times the fuse rating by your voltage (14.4)  and then by .75 for efficency.  this will give you a ball park of what your amp can do if it dont cut out or protection come on.

i really get annoyed by amps being way over rated.    so just do some simple math and you will know what it can do.

cliff



-------------
hmmm.... was that the right wire?




Posted By: Clif
Date Posted: November 28, 2007 at 9:04 PM
yea it seems like my spelling is just as bad as my grammar these days... :)

-------------
hmmm.... was that the right wire?




Posted By: tp1182
Date Posted: February 07, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Wow, we put a RE 18" MT with a MA Audio HK 802 (4000w peak) in the back of  a Honda Acoord Wagon  and it slammed....tore the weld seams from where my homeboy had the hatch shaved.  So I know that has got to be a hell of a ride...cool setup love the RE..



-------------
Education, like life is a continuous journey.....




Posted By: XLR8
Date Posted: February 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM
The fuel tank is an issue, clean ride !




Posted By: alex_crys
Date Posted: February 23, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Wow....................not a good wow just wow




Posted By: klctexas
Date Posted: March 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Clif]< wrote:

>
cloak559 wrote:

still_walkin wrote:

put that sub inthe trunk its nice but when you out it in your trunk you wont have no more space. also i would recommend 0 guage and a bigger amp runnin mono later


2.)The RE Audio SX is rated at 1000wats rms, the US Amps XT-4000D does 986watts rms at 1ohm(that spec comes directly from the designer of the amp)...so that amp is plenty power.

3.)The maximum current draw of that amp is 75A, which is not enough to require a 1/0 power run....

Any other constructive criticism?

well if you do some simple math...

current draw at 75 amps x your in put volts (we will round to 14.4 volts) =  your MAX out put

75 x 14.4 = 1050 watts

now thats if your amps are running at 100% efficency. and we all know that will never happen  it is probly around 75  so  

so your max power is around 780 watts.    wither you where wrong on detrmining your amp draw or your amps are not pushing at all.   and  basic info  for you people who dont know about amps.  if your curious about an amps  max power.   look at the fuse rating.   times the fuse rating by your voltage (14.4)  and then by .75 for efficency.  this will give you a ball park of what your amp can do if it dont cut out or protection come on.

i really get annoyed by amps being way over rated.    so just do some simple math and you will know what it can do.

cliff


What about amps that dont have fuses? My Kicker 06ZX1000.1 doesn't have a fuse, and that amp puts out crazy power!



-------------
Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.




Posted By: tp1182
Date Posted: March 12, 2008 at 8:55 PM
klctexas wrote:

Clif] wrote:

cloak559 wrote:

still_walkin wrote:

put that sub inthe trunk its nice but when you out it in your trunk you wont have no more space. also i would recommend 0 guage and a bigger amp runnin mono later


2.)The RE Audio SX is rated at 1000wats rms, the US Amps XT-4000D does 986watts rms at 1ohm(that spec comes directly from the designer of the amp)...so that amp is plenty power.

3.)The maximum current draw of that amp is 75A, which is not enough to require a 1/0 power run....

Any other constructive criticism?

well if you do some simple math...

current draw at 75 amps x your in put volts (we will round to 14.4 volts) =  your MAX out put

75 x 14.4 = 1050 watts

now thats if your amps are running at 100% efficency. and we all know that will never happen  it is probly around 75  so  

so your max power is around 780 watts.    wither you where wrong on detrmining your amp draw or your amps are not pushing at all.   and  basic info  for you people who dont know about amps.  if your curious about an amps  max power.   look at the fuse rating.   times the fuse rating by your voltage (14.4)  and then by .75 for efficency.  this will give you a ball park of what your amp can do if it dont cut out or protection come on.

i really get annoyed by amps being way over rated.    so just do some simple math and you will know what it can do.

cliff


What about amps that dont have fuses? My Kicker 06ZX1000.1 doesn't have a fuse, and that amp puts out crazy power!


Well, since you don't have any onboard fusing you can reverse the process...

Divide your rated wattage by your input voltage..

1000/ 14.4 is about 69 amps of current draw..

And please tell me you have a fuse on that thing somewhere.....



-------------
Education, like life is a continuous journey.....




Posted By: boogeyman
Date Posted: April 13, 2008 at 11:01 AM

add up the fuses.multiply that by the voltage at the amp terminalsand multiply that by.75  for class d amps.....or .66 for class a/b amps........and those are max effiencies





Posted By: kris05vvti
Date Posted: April 02, 2009 at 8:12 AM
wow dude that is one box u got there




Posted By: bwhvac065@aol.c
Date Posted: April 05, 2009 at 11:38 PM
How many cubes is that huge box in the benz? Im running 6 wimpy p2s in a 12.75cube pushed by a pa 5500 class d

-------------
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3




Posted By: kenwood_nut
Date Posted: April 11, 2009 at 12:27 PM

NICE install, man!  Very clean!  Hey, put that sub box in the trunk!posted_image LOL

I'll bet that sucker moves your skin when it hits!  DANG!  An 18?  Holy cow, man, do your ears ever bleed?

I love the clean install, and tweeter placement.  My tweeters "ended up" on the lower corners of my dash, but they do bounce the highs off the window.  But I do like yours on the pillars!  Just gave me another famous "gotta change mine" idea.

Beautiful, as is the car!





Posted By: KarTuneMan
Date Posted: April 12, 2009 at 4:20 AM
Myself.... I'm not really a big fan of a 4 door  "coupe"  (yikes)

-------------





Print Page | Close Window