icon

app tronics smatnav 5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carsandsound345 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2013 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone else used this yet? I purchased one of these units a few weeks ago at SEMA and I have to say I've been really impressed! I was looking for something to streamline my media into one location in my 2006 Monte Carlo. It didn't have a navigation system in the dash and as a result I had to use a Garmin 50LM with a dash mount along with a Blueant S4 for Hands-free phone calls. My music played off my phone and through an auxilary cord to my cd player. I found that while all of these products worked well they were often cumbersome and filled my car with excess wires. My Blueant S4 didn't have and FM transmitter and as a result I had to hear my phone conversation through a mono speaker and I was worried about the Garmin being stolen out of my car because it was always visible on my dash. Each of the units needed a charger and on top of that I also had my phone wired up with an additional micro usb charger and an auxilary cable.
The App-Tronics Smartnav 5 not only eliminated my problems but put a whole new world of media capabilities before me. I now have my phone paired with my Smartnav 5 rearview mirror! The mirror has Bluetooth 4.0 which automatically syncs with my phone when I get in my car and now I can hear my music and my phone calls over my car stereo because of its integrated FM transmitter! It also has a built in GPS navigation system with IGO Primo software which has maps preloaded for over 30 countries with lots of customizable options and still has millions of POIs. I also found that it can play my HD videos in its media player! Over the weekend I was waiting for my kids to get done with basketball practice and I was able to watch a digital copy of Pain and Gain on the 5 inch screen right from my drivers seat. I was really impressed as it played flawlessly and didn't have any lag.
Those are just a handful of the features too! It also has an ebook reader, calculator, back up camera, and built in DVR with HD video recording that is expandable up to a 32 GB micro SD card! All of this is now concealed discretely in my App-Tronics Smartnav 5 rearview mirror and I no longer have any wires in my way. The whole installation only took me about 50 minutes and I am proud to say I no longer have wires and mounts hanging around all over my car. I really cant say enough about how impressive this device is. Im definitely going to be adding a unit to my wifes car as well and I was curious if anyone else found cool uses for it? My dad has a '67 corvette and he was thinking it would be a great way to add some modern flair to his car for the shows. It has universal OEM mounting brackets so he can install a whole modern media system (Smartnav 5) in his car without destroying the interior and if he ever had to switch it out he could easily put the stock mirror back in its place!
If you are unfamiliar the webpage listed below has more info. Please let me know if you have any experience with the product and what you think of the company! So far I am blown away.
http://app-tronics.com/index.html
mmadion92 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I checked out that website and was pretty interested in the radar detection/diffusion system that they also have available. I think it was called the Stealth Interceptor? Did you see any demos on that at the show? I'm pretty familiar with SEMA since I'm a Nevada native but I didn't get to check it out this year.
Thanks,
"I believe in us 100%, I dont care if we are missing a leg. We are still walking in there and doing what has to be done" Renzo Gracie
carsandsound345 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hi mmadion92,
Sorry I'm late getting back to you. I'm new to the site and forgot to check in on it...I actually purchased that at the show as well! The Stealth Interceptor 2300is communicates wirelessly with the Smartnav 5 which made it a cool accessory but they can also function independently so you don't need to have one to use the other.
I went over it in some detail already so rather than repost you can find my opinion and some demo links here:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~134438
https://www.facebook.com/pages/App-Tronics/284600198352730
Definitely worth checking out! I know the company App-Tronics won a couple of awards at SEMA and the display was spectacular. So far the products have been everything they advertised and I've never felt safer hitting the highway than I have with this Stealth Interceptor system.
mmadion92 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah man my buddy just shared this review with me with me that just came out.
http://www.gizmofusion.com/2013/12/hands-on-app-tronics-stealth-interceptor-2300is/
It sounds like a great buy! Thanks again for the info.
"I believe in us 100%, I dont care if we are missing a leg. We are still walking in there and doing what has to be done" Renzo Gracie
mojorison 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2014 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen this product in person and was in awe at its abilities. Its speed and display screen where amazing. It doesn't get washed out in daylight like my Advent mirror does. Heck my Advent mirror is as useful as a bucket with no bottom. I was given a demo by a guy named Todd who is sponsored. He thought very highly of the SmartNav 5 and App-Tronics. The iGo is top shelf as is the Bluetooth. Anyone who knocks this mirror hasn't seen others. They have a comparison chart on their website that is so night and day. They have gutted this mirror and added only the best products including front viewing DVR. I just ordered mine after 10 minute phone call with their 800 number. Take a look at their website as I was directed to it while on the phone ordering mine as I wanted to be sure which mount I needed. They also have a training video that really helps it about 9 minutes long. Next stop is their upgrade kit as I've seen another great review by cerebral overload who really detailed the Stealth Interceptor 2300is professionally. Where as I read another review where it was clearly one sided and he never tested. So I can add on a radar detector and laser gun diffusion protection in 45 minutes.
Comparison chart
http://www.app-tronics.com/files/bb383c83-4bbc-44dd-8d43-3b0acf940e19.pdf
SmartNav 5
http://cerebral-overload.com/2014/01/hands-smartnav-5-apptronics/
Sema
http://benoaks.co/2013/12/20/app-tronics-smartnav5-named-2-time-global-media-award-winner-2013-sema-show/
2005punisher 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Love this unit. I'm the envy of my friends. I have enjoyed all the features and even customized the flash screen in less than 5 minutes. Great communication when I had a question in the beginning. Do yourself a favor and clear your windshield of the suction cups. But on a serious note the backup camera and navigation are tops and used daily. Flip up screens are not the future of Navigation, they cover controls in the car from the factory. This is nice neat, less likely to be stolen too.
Todd,
2005 F150 Punisher
phsk100 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2014 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
I Just installed my smart Nav 5 system and am very happy with the fit and quality of the system, I installed it in a pro touring 69 Camaro that is in the wiring phase, the installation was very simple and straight forward, The function of the mirror is flawless very well designed and easy to operate, Bluetooth synced up with my phone with no problems and played my music. The nav got signal inside the garage and seems to works well cant drive the car to test yet but looks good! The best part is the DVR recording feature which constantly records your drive trips, i'm going to see if i can get a insurance discount! The back up camera is also a nice touch and included with system, Mark is great to work with if you have any questions and responds with in .5 hours!! I am buying another one for my truck!
punk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic