icon

wiring remote start + dei alarm 8th civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2014 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
About the trunk release, similar to Kreg's idea but use the Viper H2 RED / white to trigger your relay.
With older Cliffords the trunk release only worked when the alarm was off.
I believe with the current generation it turns off the Viper alarm but not the OEM (have to look at my Bitwriter to make sure).
The NASA method is a PITA, I use your number two on thicker cables but on some of the latest vehicle wiring the manufacturers are using really thin wall and thin gauge wiring.
My regular method is number 3, AKA Western Union.
I use DB-ALL2 with occasional Fortin, all we can get here, generally D2D works fine but there are always odd functions we have to hardwire, such as ground the BLACK/ white (or parking brake) at H2, DB-ALL contrary to instructions doesn't provide it for your vehicle.
verbstyler 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thats exactly what is happening.
With using the H2 RED / white for the relay. The factory alarm is not disarmed.
The reason i know this is, is because after the alarm is set off.
Disarming via the viper remote will not work, i have to use the factory remote to actually make it stop going off.
Is there a workaround besides the 2nd unlock? (i have a habit of clicking unlock multiple times, and i would be constantly unlocking the trunk).
verbstyler 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
On the H2 harness, also i do not have the GREEN/ Black Factory Alarm Disarm wire hucked up. Could this be the problem? Meaning the disarm is supposed to happen via that wire and not via D2D (even though that would make so much sense for D2D to provide)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
On the Euro Civics, made in the UK, DB-ALL2, wired D2D controls the factory alarm so GREEN/ black shouldn't be needed. Does your D2D turn off the factory alarm?
verbstyler 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
As you know, right now I have Viper talking to DBALL2 via D2D.
When i unlock all of my doors via the viper remote, the factory alarm seems to be disarming fine as it does not trigger.
It seems fine when i remote start too.
Its just when I do remote trunk pop, thats why i was really thinking that i may need that GREEN/ Black as some "unspoken" connection that i must make sure is there. (Kind of like that neutral safety wire that D2D should provide, but it didn't)
Not sure whats going on though.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

It would appear that the only way to get the Factory Alarm to Disarm with the equipment / firmware you are using

( Viper / DB-ALL2 via D2D ) is with an Unlock command or an engine remote start-up.  The DB-ALL2 has no separate
Disarm Input ( neither do the bypass module offerings from Fortin and iDatalink ).

What is the exact issue with using the 2nd Unlock programming or manually doing an Unlock prior to a trunk release

that is your concern?  Having to press two buttons to get the trunk open or having the doors unlocked while you are
loading the trunk?  Depending on your budget and time, you could do various things to get it to work exactly as you
want. 

There is an Alarm Disarm wire, BROWN  (-)     @ UNDER DASH FUSEBOX, listed but that is the actual drivers door key

cylinder Unlock wire, so I would expect it to unlock the drivers door, too.  Additionally, the Vipers Disarm wire ( and W2W
connecting it to this Brown wire ) would give you a output pulse every time the Viper Unlocked the doors, popped the
trunk and started the car, besides what the DB-ALL2 was trying to do via D2D on the CAN SW...  ( That being said, you
could locate and test this Brown (-) Civic Disarm wire to see exactly what it does.)

You could wire up some relays that would latch open the Civic's Trunk Pin wire whenever the Viper outputted a Trunk

Release signal.  That would prevent the Factory Alarm from seeing the open trunk.  But you would also have to
incorporate some sort of relay reset that would "un-open" the Trunk Pin wire once the trunk was closed.

Probably more trouble than it's worth.  Some cars have systems that are a pain to beat and of course all the after-market

R/S system have their own limitations.  ( As a fact, both Ultra Start and Compustar systems do an Unlock / Disarm prior to
and as part of the Trunk Release. )

Soldering is fun!
verbstyler 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Another option i suppose would be to disconnect the trunk trigger all together. This way the car(factory alarm) assumes its always "closed".
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Back to what I suggested a week ago although Kreg was more diplomatic.
You're wasting our time with this, just do the logical thing and turn the bloody alarm off first. End of.
verbstyler 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Im sorry, i didn't think I was "wasting" your time. I though we were just chatting.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
No sir, I'm posting between install jobs as does Kreg.
Page of 7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic