icon

viper 5101 lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
legendsingray 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a viper 5101 in my 05 F250 today. I used a 451M lock relay for my 5 wire type C system. I followed the instruction to a "T" including cutting my OEM lock & unlocks. However I am having an issue.
When I press the lock or unlock button on the key FOB the horn honks & lights flash and viper module makes a clicking noise, but the locks do not function. However, I can use the button on the door and the locks function perfectly.
The rest of the remote start functions just as designed.
The relay is plugged in and the fuse is good. What could be causing my issue? Could the relay be bad (just purchased it from best buy today)? What other issue would cause such a thing to happen? I wouldn't think it was the wiring because the locks work if you use the factory door button.
I am stuck and frustrated. Any help would be great!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  
How do you have the 451m wired up ?
Green should go to the 5101 green
Blue should go to the 5101 blue
Red should go to fused 12 volts
Violet should go to fused 12 volts
GREEN/ black should go to the actuator side of the cut lock wire
WHITE/ black should go to switch side of cut lock wire
Blue/black should go to the actuator side of the cut unlock wire
BROWN / black should go to switch side of cut unlock wire
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
legendsingray 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a picture. The little wires already had the plug to fit the 5101 with all three (green, blue and red) going into the plug. Are you saying I should cut the little red wire and tie it into the violet 12v drop?
viper 5101 lock -- posted image.viper 5101 lock -- posted image.[/IMG]
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
Just to verify your truck didn't come with factory keyless correct ?
The wires you labeled 12v pushed are you referring to after you cut the wires you get 12v on that wire when you hit the door lock switch to its respected positions ?
legendsingray 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Correct no factory keyless. And correct on the second part too.
chev104275 
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like that part is good check the 12v violet wire make sure that on a constant 12v check the small red make sure you have 12v there
Check the output of your system make sure the blue and green are outputting ground when commanded
legendsingray 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Ok. So here's what I've found. The 5101 was only pushing 5 volts through its red wire. So I used the two wire plug that came with it. Then cut and spliced blue and greens accordingly. Cut little red wire and attached it to the violet wire locks immediately unlocked but will not lock using switch . Seems to remain powered in the unlock position as when lock button is pushed they try to go down but immediately unlock again. Take red wire off and switch functions normal again. Key FOB still seems to do nothing with them either way.
Should I go to dual relay instead of 451m?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
Does this persist if you disconnect the green and blue lock wires from the 5101?
If so please recheck the wires you have connecting from the 451m to the lock wires on vehicle. Something is a miss/crossed-up.
legendsingray 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
No. Nothing happens. I tried talking to the installer at best buy and he says he can't tell me how to do it, but says I don't need a relay at all. What happens if I try that?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure your connecting the 3-pin connector for the locks to the right port on the 5101. If the 451m is fine and dead sitting unplugged from the 5101 but with everything else wired in and powered up it should remain that way when plugged in to the 5101. The blue and green should only show + or - (when the 5101 blue and green isn't connected to anything) when you lock or unlock with the remote. Wired to the 451m in the manner you have it, both blue and green should rest at +12v both before and after connecting it to the 5101.
After writing this and some thought, please make very sure your connecting the blue and green 3-pin to the correct port. In all honesty, the 451m should have worked without cutting and resplicing the red to +12v. Both the 451m and 5101 are made by DEI and it is supposed to be a plug and play connection between them.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic