dball2 with xl-202 range extender

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djdiskino 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2014 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
I have scoured the internet high and low for some assistance with my issue.
I have a 2011 Infiniti G37x with a remote start installed from the dealer.
It uses my OEM Keyfob by pressing lock 3x to start. I pulled my dash apart and confirmed it's a DBALL2 they used. Everything with that works great but I was disappointed by the OEM key fob range so after research I found I could get one of these
XL-202 http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=429
and an antenna
DEI 6711T http://www.deiproducts.com/servlet/the-374/DEI-6711T-Responder-LC3/Detail
and use a key fob to remote start my car from greater distance.
I have confirmed that I have the correct antenna model, and the XL-202 is using the supplied D2D cable to my DBALL2. I have also confirmed my DBALL 2 that option 1 is set to 2 which allows the RSR function.
The problem I am running into is I have everything hooked up, getting power to the XL-202 but the antenna valet light is not lighting up nor am I able to get the remote I have paired up with the antenna.
Is there anything I am missing or maybe a specific order in the way the XL-202 and Antenna need to be plugged into the system to respond to my remote? I have tried several times to pair the remote but I am not hearing anything when I press the button on the antenna or seeing the led blink so I have no confirmation is the antenna is getting power.
Here is how it's currently hooked up - maybe the pictures will do more explaining than I can in words here.
dball2 with xl-202 range extender -- posted image.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I can confirm everything is working with the DBALL2 and I get a red blink when I plug the XL-202 into the DBALL2. I don't see any led lights illuminate when I plug the antenna into the XL-202 but I have no idea what is supposed to happen. They shipped me 2 cables with the antenna - one that does not fit at all that has a wider green plug and one that fits the XL-202 but also has two additional wires coming off it which I have no idea where they go One is a grey wire with a blue connecter and the other is pink with a white connector as seen in the picture.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2014 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  
I found this:
Instructions
1-With UNLOCK ALL option:
Press and release, then press and hold the Programming button of
the XL202 module. The LED flashes slowly.
& Press & Hold &
XL202
XL202 Press & Release
Flashes
Slowly
With DRIVER DOOR PRIORITY UNLOCK option:
Press and hold the Programming button of the XL202 module. The LED
flashes slowly.
XL202
XL202 Press & Hold
Flashes
Slowly
&
2 Press and hold the Function button on the remote until it emits a
long beep and the display reads PAIR MODE. Confirmation
Tones x1
& &
AUX
Press & Hold Screen Display
PAIR
MODE
Press and release the Lock button. The XL202 LED turns ON solid for
one second, then turns OFF to indicate the pairing was completed
successfully. The remote also plays a melody while the display reads LRN
OK.
&
AUX
Press &
Release
Solid
x1 sec
Off
&
Screen Display
LRN OK &
Confirmation
Melody
&
4 When programming is finished, release the Programming button on the
XL202.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
There may be another issue though. The guide also says the xl202 needs to be flashed to the correct firmware. For your application it should be 202.RFTDDE. Do you know if it came with this firmware?
Also, the button on the antenna will not do anything. One of the two unused wires comes from that button. Use the button on the xl202.
djdiskino 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2014 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick response beegbie.
I spent another 2-3 hours searching online and did find the manual you posted first and then I brought my XL-202 inside to take a look and there was no indication of what firmware is flashed to the device.
Going into this I didn't realize the XL-202 has a firmware that was flashable but through furthur research I was able to determine the firmware I need from DEI:
Viper     7752V     6711T     XL202     RFTD-DEI v0.20      2W
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=429
When I look at the flashable firmware files I picked the newest RFTD-DEI one since there is no 0.20 listed there I just used the guide that lists I need a firmware that specifically is "202.RFTDDEI" and then the version number
I believe the manual you posted first lists what specific firmware is needed for what remote/antenna combo so that's what tipped me off to the firmware of the XL-202 - their website is less detailed (shocker)
Long story short I have ordered an XKloader2 and it should be here tomorrow so now I can definitely get everything working.
The only thing I don't understand is if this 6711T antenna supposed to blink the valet light or give any audible notifications that my remote was paired with it. It seems DEI wants you to pair the remote with the XL-202 itself and not touch that antenna whatsoever which goes against the whole pairing process/adding remotes.
I'll keep you posted on my results
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
djdiskino wrote:
The only thing I don't understand is if this 6711T antenna supposed to blink the valet light or give any audible notifications that my remote was paired with it. It seems DEI wants you to pair the remote with the XL-202 itself and not touch that antenna whatsoever which goes against the whole pairing process/adding remotes.
The antenna is just that, an antenna. Remotes get paired to the module. In a typical full featured system the "antenna"/IVU/Control Center houses the antenna, LED, and valet button for the system so instructions are written with that in mind. In your XL202 setup the extra leads that aren't connected are for the valet button and the led. Since they aren't connected it's not possible to utilize them so you have to do things at the XL202; which is the module that actually learns the remotes.
djdiskino 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2014 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE:
I was able to get this to work finally.
I unfortunately had to order the XKLoader2 as I previously mentioned (I think) and flashed the 202-RFTDDEI 1.19 firmware to the XL-202 module.
Once I did this and followed the Programming Option 6 from the XL-202 manual I was able to get my remote paired up with the XL-202 and the 6711T antenna. I buttoned everything up before fully testing like an idiot.
What works:
-Remote Start
What isn't working:
-Lock from the Viper Remote
-Unlock from the Viper Remote (I do get a flash of the front lights)
-Trunk (by holding the Aux Button for 5 seconds)
I set this XL-202 up according to the Priority Door Unlock since thats how my Infiniti OEM Fob works where it unlocks the driver door and then another click will unlock the rest of the doors.
How would I get the rest of these functions working correctly? This XL-202 is going into a DBALL2.
**Thanks for all your help guys up to this point!**
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2014 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Door lock wires from dball aren't connected to the car. It might work without them if dball is programmed for data mode locks
djdiskino 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
@pentavolvo The DBALL2 was installed by the dealer and the remote 3x lock to start and lock and unlock all work from the normal OEM key fob so I think it's a communication error between the DBALL2 and the XL-202 or some option needs to be modified on the remote to send the correct amount of pulses to send the correct unlock signal. I'll play it with some more tonight and report back.
djdiskino 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
So final update here in case anyone is following.
I had some flakey experience with the remote losing it's pair even though it kept confirming it was paired when I re-paired it but still didn't work.
Ended up resetting the XL-202 and deleting all remotes and pairing again.
I have the 7752v remote - it's paired up but the only functionality that works is the remote start and it gives me the error noise every time like it didn't go through even though it remote starts my car perfectly. Not sure how to fix that but it's not a big deal.
The lock/unlock buttons on the 7752 remote half work - all they do is cause my parking lights to blink on and off about 4 or 5 times I can't remember the exact count. Still puzzled. I guess there may be some settings that I need to change in the DBALL - not sure if anyone here knows where to start.
Last thing:
on the remote I noticed there were to Modes: RKE and SEC - I know Sec stands for security but what is RKE mode?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
RKE = Remote Keyless Entry
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic