2003 acura 1.7el remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
abduls16 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Everyone,
Firstly, this site is amazing.....lots of valuable information - Thank you.
Secondly, I need some help.....
I'm trying to install a car remote starter (Compustar CS-800) with a Fortin Bypass module.
I've got most of the main harness connected, except for one wire.
The compustar manual says "GREEN / WHITE – This is the positive (+) parking light wire that triggers when you lock and unlock the doors and remote start the vehicle." and I believe I connect this wire to the positive parking light wire which is RED / Yellow in my car. Every time I connect it, and I press the remote starter button, wire number 1 (12V constant) on the remote starter's fuse blows up. Not sure why.
When I disconnect the wire, and replace the fuse, the car starts with the remote starter without any difficulty.
I was wondering if someone here would be able to shed some light on this car starter installation that I am working on.
Thank you,
abduls16
Currently driving: 2003 Acura 1.7 EL
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
This is what directechs shows...
2003 acura 1.7el remote starter -- posted image.
Can also be found at the Alarm module pin B5 Blue (-) trigger, or in the center console as positive RED / Yellow.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

Instead of using the vehicles (+) Parking Light wire to flash the lights, why not use the (-) Parking Light wire.  Here is the info :

Parking Lights (-)      Blue (-)        @ factory alarm plug above driver kick, Green 16 pin plug, pin 13

Be sure to test this wire with a DMM prior to making the connection.

Soldering is fun!
abduls16 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the replies.
At the moment, I've got the parking lights to work but when I connect the first parking light connection (+) the fuse blows up, but when I leave that disconnected and only plug in the parking light (-) the fuse does not blow and the lights work.
Does that mean that from the compustar brain, I only need one of the two (parking light + or - ) to be connected to my car's parking light + or - ) to get it working?
Attached is one screenshot from compustar's brain2003 acura 1.7el remote starter -- posted image.
From CN1 (GREEN / WHITE --> (+) Parking light) When connected the fuse blows and parking lights and remote start do NOT work.
From CN2 (GREEN / WHITE --> (-) Parking Light output) When connected, fuse does NOT blow and parking lights and remote start work.
Please advise if I need to have both or just one of the wires connected to my car.
Thank you,
abduls16
Currently driving: 2003 Acura 1.7 EL
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you only need and should make only one Parking Light connection to the car. Either (+) or (-), whichever is easier, but not both. They do go to different wires in the car. You must match polarity.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic