icon

2000 jeep grand cherokee/ audiovox pa620c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I'm gonna do a remote start keyless entry in this vehicle . I'm using flcan bupass for the ease of door locks and bypass. My question is do I flash for dbi ? If so I then would use data cable and connect all dotted lines and solid ?
bat9905
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

I believe that Audiovox units use the DBI D2D comm protocol.  Going D2D eliminates most all of the interconnections between the two modules.  All of the dashed lines are handled by the D2D harness, only the solid Black lines need to be run.

Here is a link to a very similar install, same car, newer model Audiovox R/S system, slightly better bypass module : 

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137527

Soldering is fun!
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2014 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok cool thanks . I guess my only issue is changing programming on that audiovox . Those are a pain in the rear to program . Looks like I may hook up horn wire for audible when programming . The only other issue I see is factory alarm . It looks like I can ground orange with black
bat9905
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2014 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  

The programming wasn't too bad on the APS57c & e units I used recently.  The Jeeps' horn wire is shown in the Pictorial.

The EVO-ALL should take care of the Factory Alarm with the Lock and Unlock.  Hopefully use can set the PA620c to do Unlock before and Lock after remote start. 

The EVO-ALL should be flashed with F/W Ver 4.06.  Higher versions don't support the J1850 data connection.

Soldering is fun!
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2014 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
If I can't get to bank 3 and change tach and ignition 2 to acc could I still use data to data and wire tach to injector wire?
bat9905
kreg357 
Posted: December 13, 2014 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  

During bench prep, I did all of the necessary programming changes on both the bypass module ( Reset & Installation Mode Selection ) and the R/S brain using a +12V input from a UPS battery ( or +12V power transformer ), a jumper wire with alligator clips on each end, a piezo speaker and a LED test probe.  Wasn't too bad considering it was the first time I used an Audiovox Prestige unit.  On the APS 57-x units the horn gives nice feed back.  Had to make some updates during one install, and doing it in the Jeep was too bad either.  I usually secure the antenna as the last step.

I believe you can still use the FLCAN's Tach Output wire and hardwire it to the PA620c's Tach Input wire, even though you are in D2D Mode, but I have never tired it.  Last resort would be going directly to the engine for the Tach signal.  You really should change the programming on the Flex IGN2 output over to ACC2 for proper vehicle remote start operation.

Soldering is fun!
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2014 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ok after 2.5 hours for the install it turns out that flcan didn't have updated firmware . I usually buy bypasses locally but thought Id save a few bucks . I updated firmware but still can't flcan programmed . Remote start has 7 flashes which is no tach I think . Not sure I'm locking in with one flash for data mode . I'd love to start programming on bench with bench prep . It would make life easier . Any ideas ?
bat9905
kreg357 
Posted: December 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Sometimes it's best to start the bypass programming with a Factory Reset.  That process is detailed on the last page of
the install guide.  At Step 5, after the Red LED goes out, I insert the Installation Mode selection.  After the Red LED goes
out, a few seconds later it starts doing the single Green flash pattern.  One Green Blink is for Data Mode, so just press the
button and hold it.  The LED will go solid Green and then out.  Release the button, pull the D2D harness, insert all the other
harnesses, then insert the D2D harness and continue with the actual "to the vehicle" programming.   Usually goes real smooth
with the CH6 firmware.
Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
OK there are a few things here. I've installed quite a lot of the one-button PA420C. Never done a PA620C but I've seen them, and it's the same wiring.
The Panther has a really cool feature, but it's not at all explained in the birdcage liner they decided to call an install guide.
You can select two different protocols for data on the Panther. Default is ADS (iDatalink), and you can change it to DBI (which is what Audiovox usually uses.
So basically, the Panther and the module have to both be set for the same protocol. I've always used DBI because that's all Audiovox ever offered, while I've often heard the bypass manufacturers' representatives say that DBI protocol isn't very good.
So basically, if your FLCAN is already set up for DBI, change the Panther to DBI and make sure it works. If there are any glitches in operation, go reflash the FLCAN for ADS protocol, and reprogram the Panther for ADS as well.
TACH: Yes, you can hardwire the FLCAN PURPLE / white to the remote starter's tach input, even if you're doing data-to-data.
The FLCAN engineers made a decision (with which I don't agree) to disable the analong INPUTS to the module when in data, but the OUTPUTS (tach, hood, door, trunk, etc) still work when in data.
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. its all coming together now. i have the install manual . under bank 3 option 11 it shows default ads or option 2 shows trilogix.   I dont see a choice for dbi though. I still have to change ign 2 to same as acc and select tach. i will re flash and make sure bypass is set for ads if needed
bat9905
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic