icon

2014 honda crv second accessory hookup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rp90cb7 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Not really sure if the second accessory has to be hooked up.
Using Excalibur rs-260edp and omegalink ol-mdb-all HA3 firmware
The issue I have is that the car starts and runs for a minute
Then shuts off then restarts, so that why I thinking that the second accessory has to be hooked up. Thanks for the help
rp90cb7
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Has a tach wire been hooked up and programmed ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
rp90cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
No tech less works pretty good for that brand also the module does tach
rp90cb7
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
If the module does tach for you try setting the system to sense it and program the signal to the module see if that fixes your stalling restarting issue.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
jepalan 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
For what it is worth, I traced out a factory remote start harness to repurpose on a 2012 CR-V install. The Honda factory remote does *not* light up the Second Accessory circuit at all. It has a T-Harness for the high current connections and there is no connection to the Second Accessory wire. Everything else is lit up as normal. I realize this is CR-V, but the same factory remote is used on many late model Hondas.
My DIY Project Canvas is a 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD
rp90cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
I tried setting the module for data tach and the car would try to
Start but the anti-theft kicks in and does not allow the car to fully start up. So I'll change it back to tech less and the car would start.
I'll going to reflash the module and maybe that will work.
rp90cb7
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Posted: December 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
no need for second acc. You should double check your can high and low wires. I have dont this vehicle countless times, and never had a problem
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2014 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Just chiming in with what the others said.
---I've never connected second accessory on any Honda. This way, the radio stays off during remote start.
---2012-up Civc and CR-V have Honda's new multi-stage alternator. Voltage sensing won't work reliably with these cars. It'll work for a couple of minutes....just long enough for the installer to think everything is OK and send the customer on his way.
But eventually the remote starter will end up starting and stopping several times during the remote-start runtime.
So basically, you need to get tach from somewhere. If data tach on the remote starter isn't working for you, you could either hardwire the remote starter's tach input to the output of the bypass module, or to the car directly.
rp90cb7 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone for that advise now what i have done is hard the tach wire to the bypass module car starts fine but once again the car dies from sitting more than one hour. What I'm thinking is that the car's idle is to high and that I have it learning at a low idle.
rp90cb7
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2014 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Try leaving the window open if you can....next time it sits and you think it will fail to start, put your head in the window so you can see the dashboard, and try the remote starter.
There's a green light that looks like a key in the instrument cluster. It's the only green light in there (besides the turn signals). The light should come on solid and then go out. If it's flashing, the car isn't seeing the proper immobilizer signal.
That will help with troubleshooting.
Also, the remote starter should have a diagnostic shutdown menu. Let the remote starter fail, then go into the menu and see what it says. It'll show you if it saw the brake, the hood, or whatever else.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic