the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

05 gmc denali cel light after rs install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Guys, i just did a remote start(viper 5301) on a 2005 gmc denali and it remote starts perfect every time but throws a check engine light when you take over the remote start. I reset it with my OBD II scanner. I know that this issue defintely pertains to this IGNITION WIRE 2 WHITE
[Notes: This wire MUST be energized when installing a remote start system otherwise a CHECK ENGINE light will turn on and the transmission will not
shift properly and the transmission may be damaged.]
My problem is that i dont have a white wire in the car. Ive tested all the wires and cant seem to find an acceptable Ignition 2 source. Can anyone help shed some light on this problem? Posted a picture. In this situation with this car would it mattter if i use an ignition 2 source as ignition 1 or ignition 1 source as ignition 2? I may have mixed them up, I dont really see why it would matter though since i programmed the remote start to see the flex as ignition 2
05 gmc denali cel light after rs install - Last Post -- posted image.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2014 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
follow the yellow brown and orange to the black connector left of the steering column. white wire is there
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  

+1 on Ted's advice. 

While the White color might have faded with age, the wire should be there.  Here is are some photos :

Soldering is fun!
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you! both of you have beeen extremely helpful! As you can see in my picture the harness coming from the left (the same one in your pictures with the orange, and brown and white wires)you can see my wires havee a yellow,brown, and orange wire. I will double check that wire when i get home from work but I am almost positive i tested it with a test light Worst case scenario i will pull down the steering column cover and find it there if i still having trouble locating it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic