icon

jeep gc viper 4806v not cranking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tigerhawk6 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
I tried making that change but it didn't work. It changed the cranking time back to .4 seconds and doesn't even fire. Dashboard lights come on well after it stops.
When I changed it back now it starts and then shuts down. If I put my key next to the ignition it all works and will work for the next 2-3 remote starts. It then starts and stops after a second or two.
I think I have two issues:
1: time it takes for the system to turn the ignition on
2: idatalink not keeping the key signal for the key bypass to work properly.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Strange issue.  I do these all the time with iDatalink ADS DL's with CH6 firmware and it works well.  I don't use much Viper stuff and the last
few I did were with Audiovox APS57c and APS57e remote starters in DBI D2D mode.  You might try switching over to W2W to see if that
resolves the transponder issue.  Not sure why the Viper is taking so long to bring up the ignition circuits.
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
you might have turned your ignition into an acc wire, which would cause a delay in your cluster turning on.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tigerhawk6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
I've gone back through all of the wiring and everything checks out. I then pulled the ADS-ALCA out, re-flashed it with CH6 firmware (after buying the cable and setting up and account).
Once I plugged it back in, programmed for my Jeep (LED turned solid red, then green, then off), and tested functionality. I got the following results:
1 - Door locks didn't work
2 - Remote start sequence worked, Jeep started, then shut down afer 1 second
3 - SmartKey light was flashing. If I held the key up to the ignition it would start and stay running.
4 - Brake takeover did not work.
I'm using the ADS-AL(DL)-CH6 (2.0) firmware and verified via the "Configure My Module" tab that door lock and brake pedal features are enabled.
This really shouldn't be this hard and I appreciate all of your help.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

Just to reiterate my previous statements :

Did you program the ADS AL-CA with the DBI AL(DL) CH6 firmware?
Did you set the Installation Mode to Data ( one blink ) and lock it in?

When to flash your ADS AL-CA module, you must choose the DBI flavor of firmware.  This is the D2D communications mode

that the Viper needs.  Using the standard 2-way iDatalink ( ADS ) protocol won't work and will give the symptoms you mentioned.

Soldering is fun!
tigerhawk6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
I can't believe I missed that on the flash page. I was doing idatalink 2-way but should have seen the DBI option with the red-end of the cable that goes into the Viper.
I flashed with the DBI version and now I'm right back to where I was before.
If I take the ADS out the Viper starts the system fine, except SmartKey bypass. If I have the AD plugged in the starter engages for 2 seconds, turns off, and then one second later the dash lights up.
tigerhawk6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357, what do you mean by "switching over to W2W?"
kreg357 
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure if W2W will help for your issue.  You should be able to unplug the ADS AL-CA module ( all harnesses except Blue 3 Pin ),

hold a working ignition key next to the ignition switch and remote start the Jeep in Virtual Tach Mode.  Of course, the locks won't
work and you won't have the Brake signal for a Brake shutdown or key-take-over.

Anyway, going W2W would be :

1.  Unplugging and removing the ADS to DEI D2D cable.
2.  Cutting the standard ADS D2D harness and making these connections :
      Red to +12V
      Black to Chassis Ground
      Blue/White to Viper Blue (-) Status Output
3.  Doing a Factory Reset on the ADS AL-CA and selecting Standard Mode ( two blinks ) for the Installation Mode.  ( No need to re-flash w/W2W.)
4.  Hard wiring all the necessary dashed Red lines between the ADS AL-CA and the Viper.  Install Guide # 6083 - Type 1.
5.  Doing the ADS AL-CA to vehicle programming.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic