icon

Ford PATS w/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TCExp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2003 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 Expedition with a factory alarm, etc.  I have installed a CrimeStopper CS-2011RS Series III alarm/keyless/remote start etc. Installation was no problem, alarm and keyless works great. I would say that the remotes work at LEAST as far as the advertised 1,000 feet. The remote start works with a key in the ignition (that was my test), but I knew I would need a PATS bypass to make it work without the key.  Based on a post I read here but now cannot find, I bought a Ford 'Car Start Securilok Interface Kit' because it doesn't require an additional key and is simple (two wires).  Guess what, it's not so simple. I can make it send an incorrect signal, I can reprogram the keys, trying to program all three together and still no luck.  Sorry for the extremely long post.  Has anyone connected a Ford 1L3Z-19G365-AB Car Start Securilok Interface Kit-1? If so, I would love to have some input to solve my problem.  Thanks!
tc
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2003 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
I use the keyless ford piks all the time with no problems. Basically you need to hook the black wire up to your ignition 3 (-) out or whatever wire they have dedicated for the active out etc. Then run the red wire to constant. Tape up or cut off the white wire you won't need it. Make sure you secure the ring around the key cylinder good. Now once you have your remote start ready to go you will NEED 2 keys for the truck and the remote transmitter for the remote start.
Put key 1 in the ignition and turn it up 2 clicks and watch the theft light or LED in the dash. It will stay solid for a couple seconds and then go out. AS SOON as it goes out quickly remove that key and put the second key in and turn on the ignition. Again watch the light and AS SOON as the light goes out remove the key and hit the remote start button on the transmitter. The ignition will fire up and watch the light again. If that light is blinking hit the brake and shut it down because it didn't work right. If the light is solid, you did it right its working. You just have to do that whole process quickly if you don't it won't work. Give that a try and let me know if it works. Good luck
TCExp 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2003 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

NYK,

That was ALMOST exactly what I was doing. Tried it again, faster and it worked like a champ.

Thanks for the help!

Ford PATS w/Remote Start -- posted image.

tc
ucftacoma 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2003 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Ford PATS w/Remote Start -- posted image.

This is the diagram for the crimestopper I was using if it'll show up.  It doesn't have an IGN 3 wire listed anywhere.  I'm trying to use the 555f and need to know what wire to hook up.

http://www.fordtruckworld.com/images2/remotestarter/diagram.jpg

TCExp 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2003 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to use the Yellow or Yellow/White, they would supply the Ground side of the signal. If you're using those for relay connections, I don't see another option.
tc

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic