icon

Hooking up JDM power fold mirrors??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thinkster 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2002 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  

Got a customer who got some Power Side mirrors that not only move the mirror in a X-Y fashion but also fold the whole mirror assembly in (As you would need to do if you were driving down a Tight alley and don't want to scrape your mirrors)

Anyways, looking to hook up this power folding motor so that it Folds IN when arming alarm and Folds OUT when Disarming alarm.   Already tried it on the bench with a window module and doesn't work right with that (senses current load to early).  I'm thinking of using a fixed time output but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has done this type of thing before.

wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2002 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Thinkster, first make sure you have a heavy power lead going to the window module before trying anything else. If you used a small power supply to bench test it, that could be the reason it stopped early, but on some window modules, inside the unit there are one or more capacitors that connect to the motor side outputs. If you cut one on each output or decrease the value of them, you should be able to get it to work on the mirrors. I've had to do this many years ago on a Scirocco to get the windows to go all the way up. I'm pretty sure it was a CrimeStopper window module that I used.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic