icon

wiring diagram ’95 BMW 318 central lockin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fat_nick 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

I am puting in an alarm in my 318 and would like to connect the -ve lock/unlock outputs for keyless entry to my BMW central locking controller. Would you know off hand where the module/wiring can be found and what colours I should be looking at for trigger lock\unlock? Is there any traps\things I should look out for (this whole double lock business?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

fat nick
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
BMW, 3 SERIES, 1995, Power Lock

The alarm plug is a black 12 pin plug located just behind the glove box. It is mounted with the pins facing you atop a vent just to the left of the body computer. Other wires at the alarm plug are: 12V- RED / white; Accessory- PURPLE / white; Siren- BLACK/ blue; Ground- BROWN / orange. Do not use the power sources at the alarm plug to operate high-current devices. The other side of the siren wire is mounted in a 2 pin plug at the passenger rear corner of the engine compartment. The other wire in the plug is a brown ground wire. DEI recommends attaching the siren at this point.

Power Lock WHITE/ red   +  factory alarm plug   wiring diagram ’95 BMW 318 central lockin -- posted image.
Power Unlock blue/red   +  factory alarm plug   wiring diagram ’95 BMW 318 central lockin -- posted image.

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Down here 316i and 318i right hand drive modles hav the door lock unlock switch in the center console.Thats were i tap into but i use diodes on the both wires see if that helps.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
fat_nick 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

thanks guys will check both out. yeh i'm in oz so i dont know if that makes a difference. This is not a factory alarm its purchased off ebay...

cheers..

fat nick
fat_nick 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

Guys still nothaving any luck, based on the only info thats available the plug i'm looking for is:

"The alarm plug is a black 12 pin plug located just behind the glove box. It is mounted with the pins facing you atop a vent just to the left of the body computer. Other wires at the alarm plug are: 12V- RED / white; Accessory- PURPLE / white; Siren- BLACK/ blue; Ground- BROWN / orange.

Power LockWHITE/ red + factory alarm plug wiring diagram ’95 BMW 318 central lockin -- posted image.
Power Unlockblue/red + factory alarm plug

wiring diagram ’95 BMW 318 central lockin -- posted image.

wiring diagram ’95 BMW 318 central lockin -- posted image.

OK so heres my glovebox and there is a couple of plugs that match that description; the most obvious choice will be the one above the vent (white one in pic), and so i locate the WHITE/ red wire going into it, and to test it out i give a low current pulse +12 which should make the door locks shoot down right? well i got nothin.....? (this is all logic based so thas why i used a secondary +12v source.-of course grounnded to chasis with the -side.

I also got a bit frustrated and started just poking +12 V on pretty much all the other wires in each harness but I stilll got no door lcok/ or unlock happenin.

Please help somebody!!!??

If anyone has actually done this wiring successfully before pls just tell me exactly where the right connections are based on my pciture,

Cheers!!!

fat nick
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
use a dmm to test wires while operating the locking
DO NOT start giving wires a +12V like that you can cause serious damage to the car. be sure of a wire before you apply current to it.
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
fat_nick 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

yeh dont worry i'm an electrical engineer and know that much!!!

i've rigged up a seperate 12V source (grounded to the chasis) and i'm using my multimeter to limit current draw to 100mA which is harmless to any of the logic and will never allow nearly enuff power(1Wmax) thru to cause a major power shortage. (the only fuse that will blow will be my own cos i'm getting annoyed!!!)

fat nick
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
cool just once you know.
try these directions its for the UK model
POWER LOCK     pin 17     +     yel or pur plug, glove box     
POWER UNLOCK     pin 4 or pin 19     +     yel or pur plug, glove box
also here is cobra's instructions which are different. hope one of these help
bmse398gbb.pdf
Darren Power
fat_nick 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  

Powermyster wrote:
cool just once you know.
try these directions its for the UK model
POWER LOCK     pin 17     +     yel or pur plug, glove box     
POWER UNLOCK     pin 4 or pin 19     +     yel or pur plug, glove box
also here is cobra's instructions which are different. hope one of these help
bmse398gbb.pdf

MATE YOU ARE THE MAN! ..all i needed was that simple information and you've saved me so much f%#king about (i was halfway thru redesigning my own 5-wire 2-Relay pos trigger system just to overide the stock door control system that has evaded until now, thank god I didnt have to do same major surgery on electrics...)

Cheers again.

fat nick
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
glad you got sorted
Darren Power

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic