icon

Viper 7900 review

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Well since the new viper is out i thought i would give you guys a review of it.
Well the first noticible thing is the new remote. Though a little bulker. It has a vivid color display with animations for every action and sensor trigger. It also finally has a 12 hour clock.(Finally) It now also has a rechargable lithium ion battery that lasts about a week, and Acoording to the manual it takes about 30 minutes for a half charge 2 hours for a full. The range was also boosted to a mile.(thats under testing)
The wiring is exactly the same as the 791 only difference bieng is the antenna.
They added a couple of new features as well. I don't have time to get into all of them but i will list off a few.
1)A car call button has been added to the antenna. This allows anyone in the car to bitch the driver to hurry the hell up:)
2)Nuisence prevention circuitry. This little beauty makes it so after a zone is triggered more then 3 times in an hour that zone is disabled. This is togglable on the bit-writter.
I am running out of time but i will post more later.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
godblessdremil wrote:
They added a couple of new features as well. I don't have time to get into all of them but i will list off a few.
2)Nuisence prevention circuitry. This little beauty makes it so after a zone is triggered more then 3 times in an hour that zone is disabled. This is togglable on the bit-writter.
That is not new. I've been dealing with DEI products for about 6 years. This feature has been on there systems during that entire time.
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Dam i've only delt with them for two years but i never seen it on the bit writter before. Dam open mouth insert foot. I did find a new feature on the remote(Atleast i never realised it before on any other) The remote can vibrate, and shut off the beep.
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
godblessdremil wrote:
Dam i've only delt with them for two years but i never seen it on the bit writter before. Dam open mouth insert foot. I did find a new feature on the remote(Atleast i never realised it before on any other) The remote can vibrate, and shut off the beep.
that is also not new Viper 7900 review - Last Post -- posted image.
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I was told to expect range in the 1250 foot range since the unit is based on the ASK platform. I was also told that the regular one way 4 button remotes will work for adding additional remotes. I have a couple of units that just came in but we have yet to install any but the remotes are definitely impressive.
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
im reading that the 7900 are just 791xv replacements with the 1/4 mile range..
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thats what I originally thought as well but according to my rep that is not the case. I am hoping to throw one in one of my company vehicles here in the next week or so and see what the real deal is.
godblessdremil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
The range is definatly more, i can just sense it. It works it places my old 791 didn't. I am going to see just how far it is. I am oing to PT in the morning so i after i run half a mile i'll try it and then a mile.
jaxman 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
So , how is the range ?
Just got 2 units to test them and I'm wondering how is the range.
Damn cold here ...Viper 7900 review - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic