dei valet 561r 2005 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasoncw 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you very much for your input, AZ.

I am using the status wire simply for the (-) trigger for the relay to activate the second accessory from the first accessory. I know there were many different options for this, but this is just the one I chose.

I am going to publicly humiliate myself now. The RS does work. I have never installed one before, and I have owned 3 different vehicles with remote starts.  For all 3 of the vehicles, the RS activated with a 2 second, single-pulse input. After looking through the install manual (for the 100th time), I see that you can program the activation input for 1, 2, or 3 pulses.  And sure enough, the default is 2 pulses. I just tested it, and it started right up. dei valet 561r 2005 dodge ram - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

I am still having trouble with the door locks, though.  Like I mentioned, the lock works fine.  For unlock, I tried both 1 and 2 pulses. When I have it set to 1 pulse, it will unlock, then lock.  If I have it set to 2 pulses, it will unlock, lock, then unlock. Very odd. I do not see an option for setting the length of the pulse for the lock/unlock input.

Would it be possible to change the activation pulses to 3, then wire up my (-) ground lead from the lock wire to the activation input, so that I don't need the remote from my RS?  That way I wouldn't need the lock relays at all, and I could use my factory fob to activate it by hitting the lock button 3 times.  Is that possible?

Thanks again for your input, AZ.

Jason

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
jasoncw wrote:
Would it be possible to change the activation pulses to 3, then wire up my (-) ground lead from the lock wire to the activation input, so that I don't need the remote from my RS?
Use the + activation input (WHITE/ red) to the door lock actuator's lock leg, and set the unit to require 3 pulses. This way you can use either the 561R remote by pressing star 3x or by using the factory remote and press lock 3x. The Dodge remotes work fine when the vehicle is running on remote start. This is actually how I wire up most of my RS units for vehicles that have remotes built into the keys. Gives the owner the option of carrying just the key or the key and new remote.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
jasoncw 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks!

From what I understand, my door locks operate through a (-) trigger, so I assume I would use a relay to convert the polarity for the (+) activation input? Or are you referring to a different wire? Sorry for the 12V ignorance...

Jason

atrus 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

Jason, if you look at the same harness that the 12V+ input is on, there's a white wire with blue stripe shown that indicates a 12V- input. I think this may work. I am going to give it a shot on mine.

Twelvoltz, so you have to hook this up to the lock actuator, can't be tapped into the lock/unlock wire? I assume the change in resistance will make it work funky or something? Is there anywhere else it could be tapped into without having to rip the door panel off? Possibly a leg on the lock relay?

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic