icon

dei 562t starting issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atrus 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty, trying to install a DEI 562T remote start unit. I am using a DEI 556CW transponder bypass.

I have everything for the starter wired. Tach wire is on a coil.

I have a spare grey-headed (non-fob) key that works, it's been programmed and added properly. I disassembled one of my (2) OEM fob-integrated keys to remove the RF transmitter from the equation. I programmed using the following method:

1) Insert grey-headed key until security light came on (10 secs or so) 2) insert the intact fob-key until the light returned and I got a single chime. 3) I then put the 556C's transmitter near the key fob (also had it hard-wired to be on constantly for this programming, will properly wire to a -12V starter lead later) and inserted the stripped-down fob-key. The system chimed that it accepted the "key" (meaning the 556).

The problem - When I attempt to remote start, the vehicle will not crank. You can hear the starter engage for a second, but no cranking - almost like the solenoid kicks out or something (hear a "clank" and then nothing else), no turnover whatsoever. If I insert the stripped down key into the ignition, turn it to run, and then use the remote starter it will start. If I remove the key at that point, it shuts down. I know it's using the 556's frequency because if I start it with the RS and stripped-out key, it'll run for about 6-8 seconds then shut down.

I have the wiring as follows:

Starter - Jeep

Pink - Pink / YELLOW #1

Pink/White - Pink / YELLOW #2

Orange - Pink/Green

Purple - RED / Blue

Green - not used (prefer not to cut the starter wire for anti-grind)

Red & RED / White - Split between 2 red wires

Any ideas?

atrus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
atrus wrote:

I have a 2007 Jeep  I know it's using the 556's frequency because if I start it with the RS and stripped-out key, it'll run for about 6-8 seconds then shut down.

Whoops - misspoke. I mean when I start it with JUST the stripped down key, it won't stay running - so, it's obviously not getting any frequency from the key, meaning that the 556 must be workign properly.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
First, hook the Pink from the 562 to the pink/green. This is your ignition wire not accessory wire. Put the orange from the 562 to the other pink / YELLOW that you remove the 562's pink from. And reprogram the pink/white to behave as an accessory output.
To make sure that the bypass is not the problem, disconnect the bypass and leave the plain key in the ignition cylinder in the off position. This will help you figure out if it is a problem with the bypass or the starter. What are you using for tachometer reference? This sounds like your RS does not know the vehicle is running. Does it try to restart a total of 3 times before quitting? Take a look at page 36 of your installation manual and check the shutdown diagnostics, this will tell you the reason the RS shut down the last time. This should assist you in troubleshooting your issues.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
atrus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

I swapped those two wires, and it'll start! The only problem that I have now is still the same security issue...it seems to indicate it learned the 556 when programming, however it shuts down when the RS is used.

I even took a good, working key and just put it in the ignition (still at off) and tried, no luck - it'll start for about 8 seconds, then shut down. I tried starting with just the gutted key, and it shuts down. Gutted key + the pill near the ignition works just fine, it'll stay running. It's definitely the Jeep shutting itself down - it chimes and shuts down.

Remote starter will attempt 3x's, no problem there. Tach wire connected to the non-common wire on a coil.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic