the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

push button switch to lock / unlock doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Using the latching relay above and one SPDT, here's how you can use a single pulse to supply two negative outputs to lock and unlock your doors.

push button switch to lock / unlock doors - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

push button switch to lock / unlock doors - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
MCubed45 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the info 12volt!  oh yea, with latching relays, does the state typically change when you energize the coil or when your release it?  i'm gonna be using a latching relay to hookup a single channel on my alarm to my power windows (2).  just wanna make sure i route the signal to the 'down' relay on the first signal and the 'up' relay on the second.  haha relays are fun.
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

Hi MCubed45, you're welcome. I'm pretty sure the one I use changes when it's released, but I'll have to double check it on the bench when I get the chance, however not all latching relays are the same and are available in "different flavors". Some you will have to reverse polarity across the coil to reset it and others may have a separate coil to reset it and will change while energized. Obviously for your application you'll want to use one with a single coil not dependant on polarity to set and reset, but these may also vary in the way they change from set to reset. One thing I would suggest is adding a momentary switch to trigger the latching relay that will allow you to change from set/reset as needed just as a backup feature in case it ever gets out of sink.

push button switch to lock / unlock doors - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
sygad 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  

wow, thanks for the info, i will get down to my local maplin (UK version of radio shack) and get a latching relay sorted out, ive got a few of the other relays kicking around the garage and will rig this up on the bench this weekend.

thanks once again for the help and info

daz

MCubed45 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  

hey 12volt, how can you tell exactly what type of latching relay it is?  like on the hosfelt page you reffered me to, there's 3 latching relays.  which of those would suit my application (single coil not dependant on polarity).

http://www.hosfelt.com/en-us/dept_111.html

thanks for all your help! 

the12volt 
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  

Actually you can't tell from the information there unless you are familiar with the manufacturer's part numbers or have a pin layout to view, but I found one that will work for you here: http://www.elipse.be/dol/dol.htm It's the last one shown on the page. Also check with your local electronics suppliers or repair shops.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic