Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

thats right

it should start without the buypass if you put the key in the ignition

skablamm 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
OK so I was trouble shooting this a little today and still not RS with the key in the ign. I put a DMM on the Brown ACC wire and it does not have any power on it at all at any time...... any ideas? I tryed it at the Ign harness and the BCM. And I only get the engine light on the dash when i try to RS and nothing else.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

brown is your acc

you have no power using the key or the starter?

if you have no power there the acc output is no good

being a clifford you could use ignition 2 (pink w/white) and program it to acc

do you have all you red wires connected to power there are 4 of them

skablamm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Well the RS does output power on the ACC wire.... but when I turn the the key and start it manually the Brown ACC wire never gets any power... i dont know if i have the wrong one... but it is the only brown in ign harnes.... is there a keysense or thing like that i need to tag? Yes all my power wires are connected. I did notice when I manualy turn the key it there are moving parts around the Steering column...i dont know what that is all about.
skablamm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
PS: Directtechs wiring says I may need an ACCESSORY DROP OUT Circuit. Any thoughts? or relay diag for this?
robertsc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
so where did you find your wires at the base of the column or the switch?
skablamm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
at the switch, I also tried the BCM
robertsc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

skablamm wrote:
PS: Directtechs wiring says I may need an ACCESSORY DROP OUT Circuit. Any thoughts? or relay diag for this?

this is just refering to attach a accessory wire

an accessory wire that only has power in ther on position and not the crank

james bond 007 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
The PKUCG2X units WILL work  with select GM BUICK CADILLAC CHEV GMC HUMMER PONTIAC SATURN SUZUKI vehicles You will need to recheck your wiring, this is what it should be , black wire from bypass to ground, red to constant 12v and brown will goto the ground out when running from remote starter unit, this unit will only provide the transponder bypass for your vehicle, you will also have to run the transponder loop around  the ign switch and plug it into the bypass unit your resistor code wire is white the voltage reference wire is WHITE/ black and the ign wire is yellow.  The resistor code wire will show 12v for key sense, 5 volt during acc and ign and just under 4v during crank.  You will hook up the ign wire from the clifford to the cobalt ign switch, you will also have to hook up the acc wire to the cobalt, you will need a 9.6Kohm resistor and a 6.3Kohm resistor aswell.   You will need a relay the neg will be hooked you to the ground out from the clifford the (+) hooked up to constant 12v,     87 will not be hooked up, the starter wire from the cliffors will have the 9.6k resistor hooked upto it series ( in line)  and you will need to hook up the 2nd acc wire with the 6.3k resistor in series aswell, both ends of the resistors will be connected together and ran to vehicle side cut wire the other side the ign switch side will go to pin 87A on the relay  do not try to remote start the car with out hooking this relay up or the computer will store fault codes and the dealer will blame your remote starter for every problem that goes wrong, not unless you have a freind that can clear the codes that are stored. 
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

i installed remote starts on this car by wiring up my own resistors and relays, and using a universal immobilizer bypass like the 556u.  that method takes a long time and gets messy.  my fav bypass module is the pkugm2x which im sad to say got discontinued.  it got replaced by the one you are using.  with the pkugm2x  the resistors are built into the unit, and so is the pk3 chip.   for me its worked 100% .  also cuts install time in half

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic