the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper remote start in 09 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2009 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
i have a friend that might be getting an 09 accord and he will want me to put a viper remote start in it. i have never done one of these and was wondering if there was anything strange or unusual about these cars. is it difficult to get the locks to work? what about the bypass? should i need to worry about any type of factory alarm? im not new to remote starts ive just never done one of these before and just wondering if anybody knew anything about these and any info is appreciated.
thanks in advance,
Dan
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Use a ads-al-ca from idatalink that will do your locks trunk tach and bypass. That will probably be the easiest bypass to use.
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
I've used PKALL and that is an easy one also. That doesn't control locks or factory alarm so you'll have to go to the master switch to do so. Whatever is easiest for you.
Big Al
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
chadwa2003 wrote:
Use a ads-al-ca from idatalink that will do your locks trunk tach and bypass. That will probably be the easiest bypass to use.
is it somewhat easy to program? i dont want to have to figure out some crazy half-chinese instruction manuals.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
if you go to idatalink.ca and enter in your vehicle you can get the manual for the bypass and look at what it takes. From what i recall they are fairly simple
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
The Idata interface is perfect for this vehicle.  EASY to install, EASY to program.  I would'nt use anything else. 
soundnsecurity 
Posted: February 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

Mark Mizenko wrote:
The Idata interface is perfect for this vehicle.  EASY to install, EASY to program.  I would'nt use anything else. 

sounds nice, i guess i will have to try it out.  ive been out of the install biz for about 2 years now so all of these data bypasses are completely new to me

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic