viper 5901 remote start and unlocking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ladiesman69 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2009 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
hello people
I noticed when I activate a remote start, the doors will unlocked automatically although the engine will dies off and siren sounded if the doors are opened without disarming (unlocking) the alarm.
I was told by the installer there are two kinds of locking system that the Viper system can connect to. Btw, my car is a Subaru Impreza 2008.
1) The first kind is called a deadlock, meaning there is no way to unlock the door unless using the remote control. Even if anyone smashes the glass and try to open the door from inside, the door will not be unlocked. It is suppose to be a safer system but using this with remote start will cause the doors to be unlocked when remote start is activated.
(My concern is that people can still open the door, steal my things and run away when remote start is activated despite the siren)
2) The second one is hooked up using the normal door lock switch in the car. If Viper is armed with this, it can remote start without unlocking the door but arming with this option can allow anyone to unlock the doors by using the door lock switch in the car after having smashed the windows.
Is there a way for Viper to use the locking system in option 1 without unlocking the door when it is remote started?
Thanks and regards,
Irvine
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Your vehicle doesn't as far as I know have a deadlock,  the only Japanese vehicle with a deadlock as far as I know are UK built Civics.  Unless you are adding central locking to an empty car that's the only way to go the deadlock route,  Spal supply them.  What you have noticed on your car is that either keysense is not connected or factory alarm is not "disabled without unlocking" via the remote start.  Deadlocking ability or not it has nothing to do with what your alarm is doing.  In fact if it is an ALARM/Rem start the alarm should still be activated with R/S on unless you turn it off. The chances of people breaking into your car and stealing things are exactly the same wether you are in remote start mode or regular alrm mode, providing the alarm is ON in both cases.  The only way to find out if you have deadlocking,  sit in car with driver's window open, press FACTORY not Viper remote lock button twice, see if lock tab opens and the catch opens the door.  If so you have deadlocks, if not no deadlocks.
tonym17 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same issue..im not sure what disabled without unlocking" via the remote start means and im not sure what keysense is...can you please help
thanks
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
It would be easier to start your own thread, instead of bringing up a dead one. Next, what is the year, make, and model of your vehicle? Is it a suby impreza 08? And, what is the make and model of the system you have installed?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic