viper 5901 alarm going off after arming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeraldobunkster 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2009 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
Well some alarms allow you to bypass the shock sensor all together...Although would be losing a step of security...If it is only in the first few minutes, i would wait it out , til i got to the shop.
I think I'm just gonna go down and visit a few friends down where the shop is in Milwaukee and have it fixed on Saturday. I definitely want the shock sensor, and there is no reason it should be going off like it is. Will post up the results/problem when it is resolved. Thanks!
jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
A bit of an update:
Took it down Friday. They were on tech support and tech suggested replacing brain and move to a different location. Both were done, and the alarm wasn't going off within the first 5 mins or so like it was before. Seemed all good so I left and thought it was fixed. Well when I got to my friends house, about 15 mins later the same problem occurred.
I took it in Sat. morning again and they called tech again and they couldn't think of much else at the moment and suggested going through and disconnecting wire by wire to see a possible cause.
The shop is only open 10-2 on Saturdays so they weren't able to get into it then, and I will have to come back again so they can have it for the day.
Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? So far I am looking to find any suggestions I can so we can get this issue sorted out.
Again thanks for everyone's help.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Are you going to try to do it yourself...Might void some shop warranties...But if not worried...Do the taking off wire by wire...Or unhook everything but Power,Ignition,Ground and just use the  shock sensor...If The alarm does not false ...keep adding wires one by one and see if you can create problem...Door Trigger, Parking Lights, Etc... And are we sure this time was not an accidental false... And not related to the prior problem...Or it has done it several times since the repair?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jeraldobunkster 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
I am not going to go through and try to do myself. I'm just trying to get as many suggestions as possible so I can get this fixed. The alarm going off happened still after replacing and moving the brain. The shop did everything that tech said (was in the shop watching and listening while they were on the phone) and techs last suggestion was to go through and start taking apart wire by wire.
I'm just trying to see if anyone on here has had the same issue, and what could be causing the problem.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic