icon

Proximity Sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2003 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
I need some help installing a proximity Sensor with Viper550esp,   I have the stock shock sensor and I purchase the proximity sensor, Should I just jumper the same wire colors with the shock sensor or what, does anyone have a diagram to do this right, I know that the 550esp also has a multiple zone blue wire for something, Thanks folks
grundler1975 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just got done doing this myself. Connect the black and red wires from the shock sensor to both the shock sensor and the proximity sensor for power. DON"T USE ANYOTHER POWER SOURCE!!!! On the proximity sensor connect the blue and green wires together and connect then to the multi input on the alarm. or you can connect it to the shock sensor by connecting the blue and green on the shock sensor to the blue or green wire to the alarm and then use the other un used wire to the proximity sensor after you connect that blue and green together. Mine works gret like this
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2003 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
you can use the same wires as shock but you have to diode isolate the shock sensor from the proximity sensor or it might false. plus put a small toggle switch on the ground wire of proximity so that those rainy nights and you proximity will keep falsing this will alow you to shut this sensor off. oh yea you only have to diode the blue and green wire from proximity not the pos or negative you can just tap them in but remember your gonna wanna use a toggle on the ground of the proximity.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Jon,
I hooked it up and jumpered all the wire together, but didn't use a dio, and it trips out sometimes on very windy, and rainy nights, is that normal or what, is it a 1 amp dio i'm suppose to use, and how do you activate it where it warns the first beep then the second beep it goes off, is that part of the alarm option or the sensors, I know when I put it to the xtreme sensitive mode it goes off, but when I ease on it it justs keeps warning by beepin a couple times? weird alarm,
See what you can do thanks
grundler1975 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
if you use the multi input wire for the prox and use the plug that came with the shock sensor you won't have to use a diode. Yes the diodes are 1 amp. the black and red wires don't need to have diodes. if you use the shock sensor wires you won't need a diode if you do this. On the shock sensor combine the blue and green wire near the sensor and connect that to the blue or the green wire that was cut that went to the shock sensor,and then connect the blue and green wires on the prox sensor together and then connect that wiring to the left over wire that went to the shock sensor. So in other words the black and red should go to both, then the blue from the alarm should go to one sensor and the green should go to the other sensor. The blue and green on each sensor should be put together before getting connected to the blue or green wire from the alarm
grundler1975 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
also I forget to tell you that the weather can reak havok on prox sensors and it takes a while to get it so it doesn't go off when a fly farts near it. I've heard rain escpecially is bad, I've even heard of fod setting off a prox sensor. With mine the sensitivity is all the way up and the field knob is fairly small, In my car you have to reach in about 3-4 inches befor it chirps, but if you stay there it will go off quickly, I didn't wabt it going off because the guy next to opened his door, also if you reach any farther than that into the car it goes full blast with no warning, i have mine hooked up to the blue multi wire because I have a glass break and shock sensor on the one line and didn't want to diode them either.
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
MAn I tried reading your diagram on your second entry, I completely got lost, so what your trying to say is jumper the shock sensors red and blackvwith prox sensor, on the shock sensor blue and green, leave it connected, on the prox sensor cut the blue and green and put them together and attach it to the multiple input from the alarm, I like that feature you said, when it warns when a person is near by, but when they stick there hand inside it goes off, what type of alarm do you have   GRUNDLER1975 Thx JOEL
grundler1975 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i'm so confusing. the black and the red should go to all sensors, power and ground. from the alarm There should be a blue and green wire along with the red and the black. Use the green wire and connect to the shock sensor. Connect the blue to the prox sensor.
at the shock sensor combine the blue and green together.
at the prox sensor combine the blue and green together.
this is how you do it with no diodes and you leave the multi open.
if you use the multi wire which is blue on a viper 550 do this.
connect the power and ground like above, red goes to all sensors and black goes to all sensors. The blue and the green wire that runs the shock sensor connect to their respective colors, blue to blue red to red, but only for the shock sensor!
for the prox, connect the blue and green together and connect to the blue multiwire from the alarm.
I have a viper 550esp and this is how i did mine. if this is confusing emailk me with your number and I'll call you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic