icon

Sidemarker lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2003 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if any of you have ever installed them? I want to add some to my car, but have never installed them. I have been told to use masking tape to drill the hole but was looking for some other advice or know how on how to do it. Thanx in advance.
2G Sport 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2003 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
thanx for the info, but it didn't really help me, I know how I want to wire it, I'm going to tap into the turn signals for the wiring, but I'm just looking for an idea on how to install them into the car. Thanx for the info again, anybody else???
copcarguy 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Tape the body with masking tape to prevent damage to the paint. Mark your mountings however you want them oriented and just drill the holes. Try to install some type of grommet where the wiring goes through the body and split loom the wires to prevent damage.
Also best to use stainless screws and coat the tip with a little silicone sealant before final installation to seal any bare metal edges and keep them from rust-streaking the sides of your ride.
Hope this helps!
R Jackson
Owner/Installer
TRM Emergency Vehicles
Information is advice only and should be confirmed with OEM or quality test equipment.
Boyertown, Pennsylvania

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic