icon

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Stereo Wiring Not Matching

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afcss 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an after market stereo in my 2005 Chevy Equinox. I've checked the other radio wiring posts for my suv but the colors listed are not matching what I have. Please help me figure this out! I don't want to destroy my old or new stereo with a bad job
Here is what I do have:
24 pin Delphi
A1) gray
A2) tan
A3) pale blue
A4) dark blue
A5) brown
A6) yellow
A7) light green
A8) green
A9) blue
A10) WHITE/ blk
A11)
A12) BLACK/ white
B1) RED / white
B2) purple
B3)
B4)
B5)
B6) orange
B7)
B8)
B9) purple
B10)
B11)
B12)
12 pin Delphi
A-G not used
H not used
I yellow/ white
J tan/ white
K GREEN / WHITE
L not used
Thank you for your help!
-afcss
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  

Those are common GM wire colors.  There is no switched 12 volt wire in the harness on those vehicles.  If yoiu do not purchase the following harness (or an equivelant), you will lose a couple things.  You know that dinging sound, the one that sounds if you leave the key in the ignition and open the door?  The same ding that you hear when your low fuel lamp illuminates?  You will also lose the Retained Accessory Power.  That is the thing that keeps your radio turned on until you open the door.  Without this harness, you turn the key off, the radio is off.  In order to sit in the vehicle and listen to the radio, you will have to keep the key in the on position.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?Productid=165&CategoryID=26

With the above harness, the new radio will behave exactly as the OEM unit. 

afcss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the help. But I still wanna know what the extra wires are for. I don't really care about the extra chimes or not being able to have the radio on after I turn off the car. But I still wanna know in case I sell the car. This is the break out of what I do know:
24 pin Delphi
A1) gray. FL-
A2) tan.   FL+
A3) pale blue.        RR-
A4) dark blue.        RR+
A5) brown.             RL +
A6) yellow.             RL-
A7) light green.      RF+
A8) green.              RF-
A9) blue   ?
A10) WHITE/ blk       ?
A11)
A12) BLACK/ white       Ground
B1) RED / white             Constant 12v+ Wire
B2) purple   ?
B3)
B4)
B5)
B6) orange. ?
B7)
B8)
B9) purple. ?
B10)
B11)
B12)
12 pin Delphi
A-G not used
H not used
I yellow/ white     ?
J tan/ white.        ?
K GREEN / WHITE     ?
L not used
afcss 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. I have figured out the 24 pin for the radio but all I need now is the 12 pin info. I know these are for the door chimes and what not but still don't know which one goes to what?
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

The wires you have figured out are the only wires you can use with an aftermarket deck.  The others are Data and speed sense wires.  Since you chose NOT to use the proper data retention wire harness, you will have to run your own switched 12volt wire. BE CAREFUL where you hook that to! 

UNLESS it is a factory BOSE system, your radio should work fine with the wires you found. You cannot retain the chimes, or onstar (if present) without the interface harness.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2011 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
something tells me that you are about to cut the factory harness off. DONT DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they make a standard cheap plug with out the chime retension. it should be about $20 at any store or online. if you are at all worried about a "good install" buy the plug. your car will thank you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic