viper alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
a l 3 x 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
howie II wrote:
Yes but 3 pages on something that's already been done, come on why do you think no-one else has joined in?
Your problem is best solved by contacting the original installers with your issues and requests or a local dealer or Armour Auto themselves not on a could be should be basis with a third party like myself.

I did search but nothing came up about the ultrasonic issue etc so I created the topic, you seemed genuinely helpful so I assumed you could answer my questions. As said I can't return to the original installers as it would not be viable both on a cost and distance basis, and I feel if I am able to complete tasks such as wiring in a turbo timer using a custom harness built from scratch on a previous car,  in addition to other tasks such as clutch replacement then I assumed I would be able to remedy this issue myself with a little info, and it would be more rewarding both cost and experience wise, after all this is why you all use this forum is it not?

I do thank you for your input so far and will let you know how I get on if you so wish, I respect that you do need to make a living but I though you would use this forum in your spare time, if however you would like some form of payment for the advice given I am perfectly happy to do that as you have given me a further understanding into the matter, I just feel that your last post was a bit rude in all fairness, but that is of course my opinion.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
I don't want payment but I've already given you three remedies, one at least local.
If as you say there's no hood and trunk switch fitted, you should in the first case take this up first with John Kleis, as these are MANDATORY requirements for a Cat I certificate.
The fact that the completion signature wasn't there points to a problem with John Klies rather than anything sinister, call it lazy. I ALWAYS get it. If they can't help, your next recourse is Armour. If that doesn't work, the legal remedies but thus I can say no more.
a l 3 x 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

Whats the big problem with me fixing the issue myself though, I don't know why but I always prefer to do things myself? If nothing else I find it interesting?

TBH I would rather not contact Kleis as I know all they will do is tell me to bring it down to them which as i've stated isn't really possible, if I go local they will probably charge me through the roof for something I could do myself in an hour or two, and I could take extra care to ensure the switch is placed how I want it and the hole is treated for rust prevention etc? For example I was thinking about mounting the boot pin switch onto my rear light plastic base(the black plastic where the bolts go through to mount the light to to car chassis, not the lense) and then run a ground wire from the chassis itself, as this would remove the need to drill a hole, if the switch is triggered by the boot in that area that is.

Sorry if you don't agree with this but I don't see whats the big problem, if you think by the questions i am asking i'm not up to the job I just like to be thorough thats all, I was gonna ask if with the 460XV and the 508d plugged into the mux port will the warn away chirp and full alarm be set as default or will i need to go into the advanced menus....but if you don't want to answer thats fine...

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic