icon

Image Dynamic IDQ's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wantofok 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2003 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any experiances with these subs? Do you recommend?
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2003 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
they are a very nice sounding sub...if you arent overy concerned with making all the cars around you hear your music, they are a great sub for people interested in SQ...
I would reccommend them if you are into quieter more sould quality oriented systems...
ivant2 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2003 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
I have a set of Image Dynamics IDQ dvc 12's in my car. They are a great sub for SQ, However you can get the SPL up there as well. I have a 4 order bandpass box with a 1000x US AMPs running them and i constanly hit 141 db which anything louder than that is just plan nuts i feel. At that volume i get such a headache. All in all its your install with the subs that will matter. build a great box and they will love ya.
Music is life, the rest is just details.
Wantofok 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2003 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input guys...any other good or bad opinions? How long you had this setup ivant2? What subs you used b4?
95thunder 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

I have 2 IDQ12DV in sealed .75 cube boxes, driven by a Soundstream A5.0, and love them. They give extreamly tight base, but can hit good, even with smaller enclosures and only 600W going into the two.  My max SQL to date is 132. 

Image Dynamic IDQ's - Last Post -- posted image.

DonC

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2003 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
lol, loud is open for interpretation... Image Dynamic IDQ's - Last Post -- posted image.
I am at 158.8 and am just starting to get "loud" Image Dynamic IDQ's - Last Post -- posted image. so I guess there are just differences of opinion...however, 141 is a respectable number for a pair of IDQ12s...good job there...
the real question here is for you wantofok...what is your goal with this setup? are you looking to compete for SPL? SQ? or is this just for personal use and appreciation?
Wantofok 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
Mostly for personal enjoyment, but I wouldn't mind competing once in a while in SQ Image Dynamic IDQ's - Last Post -- posted image.
ivant2 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just had this setup put in. I have used Orion XTR's and the HCCA. I have even used the olde MTX legend seies (that was years ago, man i miss those subs.) So far i am quite please with this setup however it did eat up more space than i wanted but i did achieve the 140 spl needed for max points in comp. By the way i do have the port tuned at 58 hz with 1.5 front chamber airspace and 1.5 rear. 34 in port made for fun in a thunderbird (9x13 port opening if memory serves me correct). but you can use the calcuator they have here on the website to figure how yours would be if you went this way. good luck to you.
Music is life, the rest is just details.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic