icon

Tiburon Power Door Lock Install (RD)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
codywatkins 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

This is more of a how-to for people with hyundai tiburons (and maybe accents).

This should work on all RD (1998 - 2002) Tiburons (as the doors are all the same for those years).

My exciting journey of adding power door locks to my 1998 Tib:
http://www.codywatkins.com/tiburon/doors/index.html

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
one. dont follow this diagram i mean it got picks and all but apparently this person new how to do it but not right.
actuators one
dont need power from the battery not for nay reason.
two, the post leading from actuator that connects to the actual door lock mechanism of door, is too long you one have to make it as close as you can . and two you have to use more then one screw on each side of holding bracket so that in over time it will not move.
and also in tiberons there is a better location that the actuator can be used, also this spot allows you to screw through the actual door and attach the actuator through its screw spots without using the supplied bracket . this helps because you dont have to worry about the actuator moving. also for those who install actuators helpfull hint.
lock the door and than oush the actuator all the way down or in, and then pull the actuator about a 1/4 of an inch so that when it opens it will not open to far and same for closing this making it less likely to move down the line. and cause it easier to open and close the latch by hand when door pannel is fully assembled.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
codywatkins 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  

djfearny2 wrote:
one. dont follow this diagram i mean it got picks and all but apparently this person new how to do it but not right.

Everything is working and that is the diagram that Clifford has in the back of the instruction manual for my alarm system (I copied if from their pdf). So how can it be wrong?

djfearny2 wrote:
actuators one
dont need power from the battery not for nay reason.

Unless you were planning on using that same lead to install additional equipment, and you would have needed it in the near future.

djfearny2 wrote:
two, the post leading from actuator that connects to the actual door lock mechanism of door, is too long you one have to make it as close as you can . and two you have to use more then one screw on each side of holding bracket so that in over time it will not move.

If you make it too close at too big of an angle it wont do sh*t. So it works fine this way, and I followed other examples for hyundai vehicles from this forum. Additionally, the actuator only had 2 screw holes, so where would a person attach it with a 3rd? Puncture the plastic case and make a new hole?

djfearny2 wrote:
and also in tiberons there is a better location that the actuator can be used, also this spot allows you to screw through the actual door and attach the actuator through its screw spots without using the supplied bracket . this helps because you dont have to worry about the actuator moving. also for those who install actuators helpfull hint.

lock the door and than oush the actuator all the way down or in, and then pull the actuator about a 1/4 of an inch so that when it opens it will not open to far and same for closing this making it less likely to move down the line. and cause it easier to open and close the latch by hand when door pannel is fully assembled.

You can't mount the actuator on the inside of the sheet metal unless you don't mind only having a window that can roll down 3 inches. And you can't mount it on the outside, or else there is a huge bulge in the door panel from the actuator (and the door panel will not go back on properly). So where were you suggesting it be mounted ??

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
listen it sucked and you misuterpreted most of it.
good you did it your self and yes there is two other places to put the actuator motor also i was talking about putting more than one screw in the actual metal bracket that holds the actuator, so that it will not slip around
and also i never really use that bracket that comes with the actuator cause i find a spot on the door panel screw two holes matching the actuators body holes and attach the actuator like that no way to slip around and move !!!.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic