icon

mb quart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msf145 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
whats the difference between the premimum and reference series. is it worth the money to get the premium? i not a total fanatic but i want a good speaker. and the q line are out of my price range. i want the 6.5" component set for the front. and i dont know if i should go with another component set for the back or jsut go with coaxials. im on a limited budget. and ive learned that the front speakers are more important than the back. i happen to have an alpin 50w per chanel amp. can this work for the front components? let me know. thanx!
sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
Mb Quart speakers are a great sounding speakers, no matter what line you go with.  The major difference with them and most lines the you can upgrade with are the RMS and peak of each pair.  If you have a limited budget and only a 50w per channel amp go with the reference series.  You don't really need a component set in the rear, coaxials will do just fine.  But don't rely more on the front speakers being more important than your rears.  It takes both pair to make a quality system.  If you have a very good ear and can tell the difference between each pair of speakers you listen to it might be a good idea to look at or take interest in the premiums but then again your amp will probably not be able to power them to their full potential.  The amp can definately work for the components, yes.  If it is a four channel put all four on it and if its only a two cannel run the components on them and put your rears to the HU.  Hope that helps...
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

If you’re on a budget then I would put the Premiums up front and the Reference in the rear. The main difference between the 2 models is the frequency’s they can reproduce and the wattage they can handle.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic