Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phamine 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.b-quiet.com/big/f-1505.jpg

http://www.b-quiet.com/big/f3505.jpg

I noticed in the first pic the holes to get to the window regulator was left open while in the second pic it was left close. Which way is the best way to apply. Also, I've heard that you would need 2 layers on the outter skin of the door for the sound deadener to be effective. Is this true - would I need 2 layers as well on the outer part of the door(where the controls are located).

http://www.b-quiet.com/big/f-1508.jpg

I ordered 35sq ft - that should be enough for a 94 prelude doors and rear deck?

Lebult 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
Its 2 different car doors in the pcitures, so you have to see whether or not yours are going to rattle. If they do, then cover them up, if not, you're fine.
Your car is pretty new, so you should be ok. It would be a pain in the ass if you had an older car, and had to get to the regulator, should it break or or watever.( I drive an 89' Daytona with no PW so I covered it all)
35sq ft MIGHT do the trick, but theres no way to tell for sure without getting some tape measure, and finding out for sure. It took me about 77sq ft to cover my entire enterior, so I just bought 100sq ft (You can get it decently cheap off ebay, I got 100sq FT for $95 and the B-Quiet site has it for $140)
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
It comes down to personal preference whether or not to cover the entire outer door. You don’t need 2 coats just apply one to the inner door and then one on the outer part of the door. 35 sq/ft should be enough to do 2 doors and the rear deck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic