Still fighting with my Intrigue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
k2thz 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hi All-
Still fighting with my '99 Olds Intrigue, trying to install a remote starter. I got tired of messing with the Prestige add-in unit, so I dug out the DTI '727 module that I had installed in my Taurus before I sold it.
The DTI went in fine and tries to start the car. BUT apparently my Passlock override circuit didn't work as well as I expected. I wired in a relay to switch in a matching resistor when energized.
This is where the confusion starts. It took forever to figure out how to get at the Passlock wires. When I found them, they were colored as if this were a Passlock I system, even though the car is a 1999 and therefore should have Passlock II. The tech at DTI said that it was definitely a Passlock II system, and to use the wire colors for I but functionally treat it like II. Meanwhile, the wire color database here at The12Volt says it's a Passlock I system, and that the wires should be inside an orange shroud. Not so in my car...
Anyway - I'm half considering just re-teaching the passlock with the wires open-circuited, effectively bypassing it. Or buying a passlock bypass module. My car has been torn apart for 3 weeks and I just want this finished!!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Best,
DDR
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
why didn't you stick with the Audiovox? was it the as-9075 b/c I use them everyday and the realiablity is excellent as well as their tech support.Anyway you have a Passlock II in your car, where did you get the passlock wires from? What colors are they? how did you wire up the relay? you should def. consider the DEI bypass module 555L
Cruisin Security And Sounds
k2thz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I was an AS-9075. For some reason it was blinking 8x on a start attempt, and wouldn't learn the tach rate. Either way; I still have it. Since I've already switched it out for the DTI, you're welcome to it. I paid $80. Boxed and shipped for $50 via PayPal?
Anyway - I wired in the relay per the DTI technote that explains how to bypass either type of Passlock system. I picked out the wires at the ignition harness, immediately to the left of the radio housing. Believe they were Black and Orange - whatever Passlock 1 wires are. Got an okay resistance reading after following the DTI instructions, but it drifted around just a bit. Something like 850 ohms. Wired in the relay to switch in the replacement resistor when the IGN3 line fired on either remote starter.
Anyway - now when I try to use the DTI, it kicks the Intrigue into tamper mode. Have to do the 20 minutes in IGN thing to get it back.
DDR
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

your passlock problems could be because the resistors you are using have to high of a tolerance so your not actually getting the right resistance to show the bcm.  I would just by a passlock module up here in Canada they start at $25 for the dipswith type and go up to $50 for the auto learn 555l.  Its not worth locking up your car in trafiic because a resistor or relay goes bad.

CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
you def. have a problem with the resitors.
If you don't wanna use the dei 555L
This is how to test for the resistance.
cut the yellow wire in half
then strip back the blk/org.
with the key in the on position put the car in reverse
turn the key to start and put your neg side of the meter on blk/og and the positive on the key side of the yellow wire.
85 - ign2 from vehicle & r/s system
86 - ground
87a - not used
87 - to resistor then to module side of yellow passlock wire
30 - org/blk
this will show the corrct resistance, do it a couple of times if necassary and you must use a digital meter.
I have been using this method since the passlock systems came out and have not had a resistance match problem yet.
If after these instructions it still fails, then you will have to get the 555L
Cruisin Security And Sounds
k2thz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2003 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
This is more or less what I did, except I connected the common of the relay to the yellow wire (module side) and connected the NC to the key side of the same wire, allowing the module to see the key when the r/s is not engaged.
I will check the resistance a few more times before I sink 35 clams into a bypass module... Maybe my measurements just weren't consistent enough...
Thanks,
DDR

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic