icon

Help with 2002 Amp installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bassam_zaman 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2003 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone. This is prbably the most helpful website with audio installations! Anyway, i have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer and i had a few questions. Somone who knows or has installed audio systems on trailblazers would know the answer to my question, anyway, i dont want to pull a wire all the way from the battery to the trunk, becuz im gonna have to make/drill a hole and i dont want to do that. The i discovered that under the rear seats there is a fuse box for the reaer doors, tail lights etc. and its getting its power staright from the battery as i tracked the wire to the battery. The wire is probably 1 cm or around 1/2 inch  in diameter. Im planning on using the same wire for my amps power. What do u guys think?? And what would the side effects be if i do it this way? ie. tail lights dimming etc. Thanks alot for your help, Bassam, 
danielspivey 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2003 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
naw wouldnt do it. thats what id say for amp thats over 200 watts. Just not enough power is going to get to it. thats like running a power wire to your amp and adding two other amps... you would need a capacitor. Your tail lights would probably dim and who knows what kinda problems it could make to your lights in the back of the car and windows etc. beccause of overload. Also you arent going to be gettin enought power pull/amps from that probably 8 gauge wire, especially since at least 4 things are run also from it, in addition to the amp. Just go ahead and run the wire. In that vehicle i bet there are some holes in the fire wall that can actually be punched through, as there are drain holes in a lot of cars. Or try and run in up through where your drive coll. goes through the fire wall. usually there is enough room.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic