icon

whats the explanation for engine noise?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
anyone here know the prominent (not theoretical) reason behind the engine noise?
-what i meant theoretical is the RCA/power placing together. thats Bull Shnit, i tested that and it doesnt make anything diff.
-on one car (4guage MCable)/(tsunami RCA $100+) its on the opposite side of the car, and this one result in engine noise. then placed next to each other and no changes in engine noise. (96accordlx)(revving noise)
-On another car with cheap RCA (those clear ones) tested on opposite side and togetther it doesnt make any diff, this result with no engine noise. (97integrals)
Okay, now you might say i might have ground loop. what is ground loop techically?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
G8rh8r 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2003 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

well I may be wrong but I believe it has to do with the amount of resistance at any given location(gounding point) in the car.  Man it's been a while since I was in car audio but something like that.  try wrapping your rca cable in some type of shielding(aluminum foil or something).  Also how close is it to the ECM in the car, this could be inducted noise.  try just running a small gauge wire through the car and grounding the amp with the radio, if that doesn't work try maybe the battery.  When dealing with ground loop there is ALOT of things it could be, so you just gotta be patient and plug away at each one and see which one does for you what you need it to.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic