icon

Relay simulator?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
profcarlos 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2002 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

Hi. I'm new here, and I've been learning a lot.

I just bought  a book called "Custom Auto Electronics and Auto Electrical",  by Frank 'Choco' Mundy, in order to learn how to wire my car from scratch. I have a Brazilian KarmannGhia TC 1976, which I want to completely re-wire, using relays for the lights, adding a few mods here and there, etc.

I have been looking for  software which could help me devising the new electrical system; I' ve found plenty of hi-end electronics simulators and CAD drawing software, but I couldn't find a simple thing that would be quite perfect for what I want: a software that allowed me to design an automotive electrical system, simulating its functions. That is, something in which I could, for instance, *see*  the results of the ingenious uses of relays you guys are so good at. It should have ready-made relay, diodes, lamps, etc., and the user would just wire things up and see how they work.

To make things worse, instead of explaining some "details" (like how to concoct a new turn signals system, or how to adapt a modern multi-position windshield wiper system, etc.), the book author tries to convince the reader to buy a ready-made wiring harness, which I cannot do here in Brazil. The import taxes would be so high that it would be easier to buy an used car and reuse its wiring (I am not kidding).

Do you people know any software that could help me?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos from Brazil

scottbrownlie 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2002 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Carlos

The following link is for a circuit making program. It should meet your needs. It can simulate most electronic components operating in a circuit.

It's very easy to use once you get the hang of it.

http://www.microcode.com/downloads/student.htm

cdaw 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2002 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

Thats a cool program, I just cant figure out how to "Push" my  switches

jt
scottbrownlie 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2002 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

When the circuit is running you should be able to click your mouse on the switch to make it operate. You can assign multiple contacts, which can be all over the place,  to operate off the one switch. Relays contacts can also be all over the place but working off a particular coil.

Scott

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic