icon

2001 Ford F150 Dome light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gokeeper 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

We have a 2001 Ford f150 and it was installed for priority door lock so when you press the unlock button you unlock the drivers door and when you press the trunk pop or AUX button it unlockes the other three. My question is the installer said we had to choose between the priority door lock and the dome light. Is this true I saw on this site a relay attatched to the door unlock out put can be installed to turn on the dome liht but how long will it stay on since the pulse is only less than a sec long.. Are there any other options...

Thanks

Clay Garrard

gokeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
By the way the unit is a crime topper rs 900 IV I believe
Mr_Fusion 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, he is right. The brown wire can be programmed to operate either dome light for 30 seconds OR a 1/2 second pulse when the AUX button is pressed for anything else...in your case all other 3 doors.
gokeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

i knpw that he has hooked it up for the other three doors but i would like the doomlite to illuminate on the unlock puse can this be done too

p71-cruiser 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

If you really want the dome light to come on when  the doors are unlocked I could probabaly cook up an circuit that would work for you

p71-cruiser

Mr_Fusion 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
When I wired a 2003 Ranger, I had the unlock pulse wired to both the door pin and the unlock wire (diode isolated) and then I set the system to double pulse the unlock wire. I did this because this particular Ranger would go into sleep mode after 20 sec and pulsing the unlock wire would not unlock the doors. By pulsing the door pin, it would wake up the GEM module which would activate the door locks and at the same time would turn on the dome light for 30 sec. The second pulse would then unlock the doors. You might be able to do something like this to your F150, if it has a similar system to the Ranger that I did. Also, I used the door pin wire at the pass kick and it is low current so I didn't have to use any relays. You should have no problem wiring the RS-900 to operate in this manner.
gokeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
i found out that the dome light will stay on for 30 seconds if the door id ovened and closed so if i use the circuit diagram relay on this site will that pulse on the unlock ad the door trigger will activate leaving the dome light on for 30 seconds right?
Mr_Fusion 
Posted: January 13, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the pulse will activate the dome light...but there is no reason to use any relays. If you cut the unlock (blue) wire and then split it into two wires with a diode on each (band towards RS-900), you can run one to the door pin and then run the other to where ever it was going to...then set the RS-900 to double pulse the unlock wire...and viola! If you don't have the install manual for the RS-900 you can go to Crimestopper's web page and download it there. It will give you the wire diagram and the programming options.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic