icon

93 grand cherokee window module/rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bugluvr38 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

i have an interesting problem.  its not that big of a deal, but it bugs me and i would like to fix it.  i have an omega au-93.4 4 window module in my 93 grand cherokee that is triggered by the (-) when armed wire from my crimestopper cs200 series II alarm.  it works fine and all, but when my car is running on rs, and i arm the alarm, the windows do not roll up.  they do if the car is not running on remote start.  and i know that the windows get power because you can roll them up manually just fine, even running in rs.  i dunno, im stumped.  anyone?

ryan

oh, god... what did i do now??
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
it sounds like the trigger wire that you used is not showing a ground when you use the remote start....are you trying to put the windows up??
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure you do not have anti grind on on your remote starter.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2004 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Just a thought, but maybe your not powering up all of your Ignition and/or Accessory wires during remote start. They may not be needed to remote start the vehicle properly BUT your roll-up module or some relays along the way might be getting power from one of the IGN/ACC wires that aren't being energized. That would explain why they still roll-up fine with the key in and engine running but not during remote start.
To test this try remote starting the vehicle but then put the key in and just turn it to ON but don't hit the brake to interrupt the Remote start cycle. Now try the roll-up from the alarm. If it works then hunt down the power feed wires for the roll-up module or add relays to power the missing IGN/ACC wires during remote start.
Hope you figure it out and Good Luck. Please post your results. Thanks, Steve
bugluvr38 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2004 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged  

well, lets see...  i have not checked the trigger for the window module when running on remote start, it may not show ground.  good point, david.  i dont have an anti-grind on my rs, daniel.  im working on it, but it does not have that feature.  now that you mention it, steve, i dont think my acc. is connected properly.  i was just looking at a couple of things and my windshield wipers do not work while running on remote start.  and, of course, the dead giveaway:  no stereo in remote start.  i usually turn my stereo off prior to turning my car off, thats why i didnt notice this before.  also, no cigarette lighter in rs.  i still need to perform the checks you suggested to make sure; i only get so much time on my lunch break!  as soon as i get a chance, i will go over them and let you know what happens.  thanks for the help so far, all of you!

ryan

oh, god... what did i do now??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic