icon

titanium vs tdx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, but I have sold and used Diamond gear for over 6 years and I have learned the Diamond philosophy on power ratings: underrated, underrated, underrated. David Navone just published his review of the TDX in November's issue of automedia (I think, don't murder me if that's not the right rag!) where he ran a 5000 wrms Crown amp at 1 ohm. He loved the performance of the speaker and he also indicated that the 1000 wrms number was little shy. But err on the side of caution, I suppose. Every Diamond speaker I have ever used, from the M3 coaxials to the TDX subs, has always benefited from some extra power. If the amp has a decent damping factor and you put it in a good enclosure, this sub will handle well over 1000 wrms under any listening condition. I have sold dozens of these subs since their introduction last year and I have only seen 1 blown up. Not many woofers can I say that about.

I said it before and I'll say it again: cream it with power and you'll love it!

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

curretnly i have a rockford power1000a2 amp that puts out a 1000wrms at 4ohms, should i sell the amp and buy a new one if i plan to purchase and power the tdx subs. thanks for all the help.

Quad L Handyman services
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

No way. That is one of the better amps Rockford had to offer in the last few years. It still uses Trans-NOVA technology, which is one of the most innovative amplifier technologies ever created. Get a TDX12D2, series it to a 4 ohm load bridge that Power 1000. Absolute kick a$$ bass.

You are golden with that amp, my friend.

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

thnx.

Quad L Handyman services
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.