Does solaris have multiplex?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
   This may be a dumb question but i can't seem to find information on it anywhere. I have a clifford solaris and want to add either a dei 508d or Clifford dual zone prox.
These two sensors have 4 wires. 12v, ground, warn and full.
My alarm sensor input has 3 wires. 12v, ground and orange one...how do i hook these two together? From what i understand if it has multiplex, i can hook both warn and full triggers to the orange wire and it will distinguish between (-) pulse times.
So...can i hook both wires trigger wires from sensor to orange one and be a happy camper? Please help and thanks in advance.
slugless7 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  

I've never worked with the solaris but if its anything like any other DEI alarm the negative trigger input is multiplexed, I've also seen the orange wire as the "ground when armed" on those alarms so i'm not totally sure how to advise you as far as wire to wire goes but i do know that with multiplexing you can take both of those trigger wires together to the input and it will work just make sure that youve got the correct sensor input wire and you will be good to go.

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
unfortunately, you can't connect both warn and full trigger wires to that orange wire leading to your solaris brain. that orange wire, upon receiving a ground signal (which is exactly what your sensors will be outputting), will be result in a full trigger. therefore, you should connect the full trigger from your sensor to that wire.
to produce the warning effect that you're looking for, you'll need to lead to warn wire coming from the sensor to a relay that to change the trigger signal to a stronger true ground and tap the output of that relay to the yellow (-) siren output wire of your solaris brain. what you'll end up with is hearing your siren emit a sound for the length of your warning trigger pulse. it's not as nice of a sound as your dual stage shock warning sound, but it does get the job done.
good luck
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
oops, i forgot one other problem....you'll need to check if those +12v and ground wires of your alarm sensor input are constant even if the alarm is disarmed. if memory serves me correct, i think they are. if so, you should use the green "armed output" wire of your solaris to act as the ground for your prox sensor instead.
good luck
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
oops, i forgot one other problem....you'll need to check if those +12v and ground wires of your alarm sensor input are constant even if the alarm is disarmed. if memory serves me correct, i think they are. if so, you should use the green "armed output" wire of your solaris to act as the ground for your prox sensor instead.
otherwise, you'll have the problem of having your prox sensor being on all the time, and your siren will be making a sound every time it senses movement.
good luck
slugless7 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thats what i get for guessing. I thought that the Clifford Solaris would be the same as the other DEI product that I've done with which I have tied the two together, but anyway sorry for the misleading info and happy installing.
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks guys,
    I kinda figured such would be the case, i just needed confirmation. Thanks for your help and i will let you know how it all goes down.
Thanks!
   Dustin
Who needs girls when you have The 12voltDoes solaris have multiplex? - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic