icon

Learning to install: 3 sirens 2 strobes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
truck0385 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I am new to alarm installs, but i have been reading up on it. I have a clifford Matrix 1 alarm system. I want to add 2 more sirens, and two strobes so they go off only when sirens go off. I understand that i need a relay, but don't want to ruin the system brain trying. Please help me do these installs. Also, Clifford.com does not have the alarm wiring diagram. Do you know where i can get one?
Trucko385
nikkicv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Looking in the wrong place... Clifford is DEI so:

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/N909429.pdf

If you are truly installing real strobes like Whelens, and not the toys found in the autoparts stores, I highly recommend a pair of relays: one for the sirens and one for the strobes.

Do note you won't need a relay for the sirens if we're talking combining the 514C siren that came with your Matrix 1 with 2 piezo sirens like the 513T. Piezos have significantly less draw compared to the standard sirens. Alternatively, your alarm brain can handle a maximum of 2 standard sirens, so you will need a relay if you plan to use standard sirens.

For the strobes, make certain you are not interrupting the strobe power supply - i.e., wiring it's +12V input through the relay. This is BAD for for them! Instead, you want to interrupt the strobe "outlet" control switch(es).

Good luck!

truck0385 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for the installation guide, but i didn't understand what you meant by not interuppting the strobe power supply
Trucko385
nikkicv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

It'd probably be easier to tell me what brand of strobes you are doing. In the shop I work at, we only carry and install professional strobes kits made by Whelen, Tomar, Federal Signal, Sho-Me and Code 3 because we do all of the local police cruisers and tow trucks. This is what these type of systems look like. The black box in the center is the power supply I'm talking about, and one of the horizontal sockets along the bottom of the power supply is for the switch I'm talking about.

Learning to install: 3 sirens 2 strobes - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic