icon

GM onstar /remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sickstyles 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote starter on a 2003 Yukon without passlock. I currently have the entire unit wired in and its not working properly. It will crank but not start, then the unit continues to run the accessories and blink the lights as if it were running. Does Onstar have any part in this? Is there a bypass for Onstar? I am absolutely sure about passlock, it wont remote start even with the key in the ignition.
Thanks for the help.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Explain how you are so sure that you dont have passlock II? Do you have a security light on the dash that flashes when you try to remote start? The remote start wont even try to start the car if you have the key in the ignition and truned to the on position. Do you have both ignition and both accessory wires hooked up and programmed as Ignition and Accessory wires?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have never seen one without the Passlock 2 system. You need to check it out. You will need the bypass. Onstar has nothing to do with it. If it has a vehicle theft content alarm that will not prevent it from starting also. You have Passlock 2!
DanDan
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah....you have passlock II. Remote starting with the key in the ignition won't do anything. Passlock II is not a transponder based system, its a system that needs to see a certain resistance when the key is turned.
The Passlock 2 wire colors are yellow, black (org/blk), and RED / white (not used). They will be next to each other heading up to the key cylinder.
JakeJ 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Ditto on the passlock...... If your RS system continues to power the accessories after it fails to start your vehicle then it thinks the vehicle is running. I would make sure to use a tach and it is programmed correctly. The voltage sensing is not reliable on some vehicles. After you get the passlock thing straightened out you don’t want the RS to fail to start the vehicle and run the battery down. Sure it will probably start the first try the majority of the time but that one time.....
Wyoming 12volt Enthusiast
sickstyles 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
I thought passlock was similar to the Ford security with the chip in the key (the car started with a regular key made at a locksmith) i guess i was wrong. i have the 555L, so i'll just wire it in and see if it works.
thanks for the help guys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic