Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
So is there a way to do this or im i pretty screwed
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
you're going to have to split the RCA's with a y-adapter which will give you both your RCA's to your amp but your also cutting your signal and voltage in half.  and if your deck only has one set of RCA's out then it's probably a lower model deck and only has 2.5V out. which is pretty low already and now your cutting that in half to feed 2 amps, wait, actually it would be 3 amps if you only have 1 output.  ok, the cheapest solution i see here to give all the amps more power and achieve better sound i would recomend an EQ. i have a clarion 7 band EQ, it has 8 volt out plus sub control and frequency control.  it has sub out, front out, rear out, aux out, aux in, its great. it cost me like $100 dollars. other than an EQ the only other way i see getting a good signal to all your amps, besides a line driver but then you still have to split the signal, is a new deck. and show me a great deck you can get for $100.  try finding you an EQ, that should help a great bit
what!?!?! you want some??
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
thanks alot ill start looking at eg's for sale on ebay. do all eq's come with extra outputs for rca's? oh by the way i have a kenwood radio i dk if its good or not it sounds pretty nice on highs and its not old at all i dont think its a model kdc-122
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok i found a crossover that is 3 way does this mean it would have one input and 3 outputs?   
heres the site
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok i found a crossover that is 3 way does this mean it would have one input and 3 outputs?   
heres the site would this work to hook up the rca's for three amps?
razorbacx 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

bruno,

I would strongly recommend simplifying your entire system as I have looked at the spec's on your equipment and I think that you are asking too much out of it. I would recommend the following:

Remove the Pyramid Amp out of the equation as it will allow for you to simplify your installation by allowing you to use the exisiting 4 gauge wire already in place, install a basic 2 Amp Distribution Block and use of 8 gauge wire from your amps to the Dist Block and improve your overall SQ (Sound Quality) by removing the weak link in your system. Also, your Head Unit, Kenwood KDC-122, has only one set of RCA's so you'll need a pair of RCA "Y" adapters to split the signal from your HU to your amps. Install only one (1) sub as I'm not sure how stable your Pioneer GM-X862 Amps are at a 2 Ohm load, especially if pushing a sub. Use the other Pioneer amp to push your mids/highs.

I believe that you will find that you will acheive the SQ that you are looking for with minimal effort in the install process and you will get more out of your equipment if you don't max it out. In the future if you plan on expanding your system I would recommend that you purchase a Head Unit that has more than one set of RCA's and an amp designed specifically for subs. By the way, what components have you choosen (brand name/model #'s) and what car are you putting all this in? Are you planning on four (4) full range or component speakers including a sub?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Razorbacx

bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
i have a kenwood kdc-122 head unit 2 pioneer 4" speakers in the dashboard 2 stock 6x9's in the back then i have 2 other 6x9's in a box above the back seats running off the pyramid amp. I have the two thunder 8000's 10" subs and 2 pioneer amps i was going to run 1 amp to each sub this is all in my chevy corsica
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
that crossover looks like it might do the trick, it's got a 6V out, that not to bad, a lot more than your deck has, go for it
what!?!?! you want some??
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot so that crossover will definetly work for all 3 amps?
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
one more thing if i just use y spliters would it have enough power to run all 3 amps from my radio or should i stick to the crossover?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic